Motherboard
Asus H310-K Prime
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
R9 270X
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I did a clean Sierra install on my asus h310 k Prime, i5 8400 and r9 270x. Everything went great. In post installation I used Multibeast for Sierra and installed clover and drivers. After rebooting the system mouse and keyboard are not working. I am stuck at the login screen. I already tried a new clean sierra installation but it was the same. I tried using all the USB ports but with no luck. I really don't know what to do. Can someone please help?
unnamed.jpg

Thanks

Boot from your USB then select your HDD and boot.
When you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your HDD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your HDD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your HDD.
Restart

You should now be able to boot from your HDD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Ok, this is what I did.

My first boot device is selected to USB Flash drive. When I get to clover menu I used Boot from HDD. Everything loads but once again can't move mouse or keyboard.

Maybe I'm missing something. If I try to boot from USB then it will go once again to the whole installation process, right?

Ok, this is what I did.

My first boot device is selected to USB Flash drive. When I get to clover menu I used Boot from HDD. Everything loads but once again can't move mouse or keyboard.
Power on and press the boot menu key (usually F12) and select your USB installer as the boot device to be sure that you are using it. The correct drivers must be on the USB because they worked for the install.

The problem may occur when your USB controllers are unsupported, if this is the case you should add the appropriate kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ or try GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

I did exactly as you said. My boot key is F8, I booted with USB, then when in Clover I choose boot from HDD. Apple logo quickly loads, I get to the login screen and once again mouse and keyboard is not working.

I can make a video if you want

What is your XHCI setting set to in the BIOS ?

I can make a video if you want
No need.

Reinstall but don't do the post installation that you did before - So no MultiBeast.
Download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your HDD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your HDD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your HDD.
Restart

You should now be able to boot from your HDD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back