Contribute
Register

Sierra+GTX960+WebDriver+NvidiaWeb: True_But Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a GTX960 and trying to run sierra. After the apple logo appears, the monitor go to sleep mode.
I think the Nvidia web still got some issues even your system can load the driver.
waiting for new driver update.......................

imac 14.2
My monitor even ran in sleep mode, when I changed the sys definition to iMac14,1 and rebooted afterwards. Tried booting in verbose mode then and it worked like charm. Do Sierra + GTX960 actually work in verbose mode ? Otherwise I don't know what to do.

best, Phil

My monitor even ran in sleep mode, when I changed the sys definition to iMac14,1 and rebooted afterwards. Tried booting in verbose mode then and it worked like charm. Do Sierra + GTX960 actually work in verbose mode ? Otherwise I don't know what to do.

best, Phil

Verbose mode just shows you the boot output... it does not effect graphics performance.

best, Phil
try this

Where exactly do you add NvidiaWeb=True I can't see where in clover configurator.

Ma
Sierra, GTX960 4G.
Two Monitor: DisplayPort: 2560x1440, and 'DVI to VGA': 1920x1080.
Enable 'patch vBios', disable 'Inject Nvidia', with boot-arg 'nvda_drv=1'
iMac 14,2
with Nvidia Web Driver
Worked very well on 10.8 to 10.11.

After upgrade to Sierra,
Update Web Driver to 367.15.10.05,
update the Clover up-to-date: r3763
add 'NvidiaWeb: True' in the config.plist
make the Clover Panel - nvram: Always
delete the 'nvda_drv=1' from boot-arg

But still not working,

with normal boot, the system reboot automaticly after the verbose,
just with boot-arg 'nv_disable=1' can load the system in.

So could anyone help solve the issue for me?
Man I have Black screen while booting my osx sierra with gtx 960 web driver

I Have dvi to vga adapter as same as you

Hello guys! I currently own a GTX 960 2G paired with a 4790k, 8gigs of teamgroup 2400mhz DDR3 RAM and an Asrock fatality killer z97x mobo. I had a perfect working hackintosh with El Capitan.

After upgrading to Sierra, I get boot loops due to the GTX 960. I have correctly installed latest Nvidia Web Driver. I have done all the modifications in config.plist and the mods for iMac15,1 (The one i use that is closer to my hardware).

I FOUND THE SOLUTION!

I currently own an old ASUS monitor with a VGA to DVI cable. I also have a Smart TV with HDMI. When i try to boot with the VGA monitor, I get bootloops and black screens. Half an hour ago I tried with HDMI and VOILA! Booting to OS X Sierra no problem with full QE.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

same problem here. I've got a P6T Deluxe V2 with SMBIOS Mac Pro 5.1 and a GTX 980ti. If I plug in the second monitor on the DVI-output with a dvi-to-vga adapter, it will result in a boot loop. The main monitor is plugged in on the HDMI-output of the graphic card. I've installed the most recent Nvidia Web driver (367.15.10.05f01) and edited the config.plist of Clover with Nvidiaweb = true.
Even if I just boot with the main monitor on HDMI and plug in the second screen afterwards, the system will crash immediately.

Do you think that a future driver of Nvidia will solve this problem or is there another way around this problem?

Same story...
I tried:
set NvidiaWeb,
AGDPFix v1.3,
reinstall web drivers,
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel & sudo kextcache -system-caches
No luck.
My system definition is iMac12.1(cpu i5 2500) - do i need to change it to iMac 14.2?
GPU: Nvidia GTX660ti.
P.S. I don't know why, but system began shutting down very slow.. About 5-10 minutes.
Upd: Add Graphics Injector screens. As I can see, ports wasn't determined.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.2 KB · Views: 209
  • screenshot1.png
    screenshot1.png
    991.7 KB · Views: 169
  • screenshot0.png
    screenshot0.png
    992.3 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Hey guys,

same problem here. I've got a P6T Deluxe V2 with SMBIOS Mac Pro 5.1 and a GTX 980ti. If I plug in the second monitor on the DVI-output with a dvi-to-vga adapter, it will result in a boot loop. The main monitor is plugged in on the HDMI-output of the graphic card. I've installed the most recent Nvidia Web driver (367.15.10.05f01) and edited the config.plist of Clover with Nvidiaweb = true.
Even if I just boot with the main monitor on HDMI and plug in the second screen afterwards, the system will crash immediately.

Do you think that a future driver of Nvidia will solve this problem or is there another way around this problem?

Exactly the same here, sad thing is that the HDMI one is a TV, 44" (it is oversized for close view).
I think I'm going to boy a Displayport to VGA adapter with power output.

What do you mean with power output?

I ordered an active Hdmi to vga adapter and guess it should work then. I will report if the problem has been solved :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back