Contribute
Register

Sierra - Gigabyte Designare Thunderbolt working but not showing up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170 Designare
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700 4.0GHz
Graphics
ASUS Strix GEFORCE® GTX 980
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi :) I finally got my Thunderbolt 2 audio interface (UAD Apollo Twin) working with my Gigabyte Designare motherboard via Thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter. I get sound and everything works 100%. But I'm just curious.. Where should the Thunderbolt be listed in the System Report?

Its not under USB, Thunderbolt, PCI.. I checked every category in the system report and the Thunderbolt drivers aren't listed anywhere. I can see my USB port and what they are doing (USB keybord, hard drives ect) but I can't find where my Thunderbolt connections are listed. I know it doesn't matter much because hey it works but I just want to now why it's not listed nowhere :eek:

- Fannar

Please read the rules.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Hi :) I finally got my Thunderbolt 2 audio interface (UAD Apollo Twin) working with my Gigabyte Designare motherboard via Thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter. I get sound and everything works 100%. But I'm just curious.. Where should the Thunderbolt be listed in the System Report?

Its not under USB, Thunderbolt, PCI.. I checked every category in the system report and the Thunderbolt drivers aren't listed anywhere. I can see my USB port and what they are doing (USB keybord, hard drives ect) but I can't find where my Thunderbolt connections are listed. I know it doesn't matter much because hey it works but I just want to now why it's not listed nowhere :eek:

- Fannar
How did you get it to work!?! I have the Gigabyte designare motherboard as well, The Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter, all the main recommended hardware, and a UAD Apollo 8. I got it working with Windows, but can't seem to get OSX to find it. Any advice?

- Fannar

Hey @fannar182 Would you please share your BIOS settings for the thunderbolt? I've been trying to get the UAD Apollo to work on a system exactly like yours, but I haven't been able. I'm running OSX 10.12.2, but it might be better if it is on El Capitan maybe?
I got it once to show on the devices but it only showed once.

Thanks!

Hey @fannar182 Would you please share your BIOS settings for the thunderbolt? I've been trying to get the UAD Apollo to work on a system exactly like yours, but I haven't been able. I'm running OSX 10.12.2, but it might be better if it is on El Capitan maybe?
I got it once to show on the devices but it only showed once.

Thanks!
I have the same setup as well.what worked for me is that I have to have a USB device plugged in in the second 3.1 port when booting the hackintosh, then apollo will connect.I think it needs a patch dsdt or ssdt for it to work properly.

I have the same setup as well.what worked for me is that I have to have a USB device plugged in in the second 3.1 port when booting the hackintosh, then apollo will connect.I think it needs a patch dsdt or ssdt for it to work properly.
Hey @Blast44, thanks for the tip! I did as you said and I can only get it to appear under the Devices list, but the UAD still says "Error connection -54" And I can't make it work. Would you please share your BIOS settings for Thunderbolt? Whenever I try a change, it will start to reboot on the OSX load screen.

Hey @Blast44, thanks for the tip! I did as you said and I can only get it to appear under the Devices list, but the UAD still says "Error connection -54" And I can't make it work. Would you please share your BIOS settings for Thunderbolt? Whenever I try a change, it will start to reboot on the OSX load screen.
Make sure boot is enable under thunderbolt settings in bios and leave everything else as is. That's all I did

Last edited:
Make sure boot is enable under thunderbolt settings in bios and leave everything else as is. That's all I did
Ok, done it. But it seems I can't get the UAD to be recognized. Still getting that connection eror -54. I haven't got the chance to try connecting the USB device in the other port, I only have the UAD , still I have another Startech adapter and have them both connected. But this dosen't affect it at all (it seems).
The IOReg shows Unrecognized UAD-2 Device.
I downgraded to El Capitan and still, came to the same problem. Did you had to do anything different from the usual on Win (install update for BIOS, updated Thunderbolt drivers, Thunderbolt FW Drivers, TBT Flash, connect the device with the thunderbolt app in windows..)?\
BTW my BIOS is F21.
Attached a Screenshot and IOReg. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 11.19.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 11.19.32 AM.png
    450.4 KB · Views: 362
  • T’s iMac IOReg.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 120
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back