i7-4790K
Graphics
EVGA GTX-760 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
GA-Z97
Clover 3949 (started at 3899)
hibernatemode 25

Wake from hibernate was working in 10.11.6.

System will hibernate as usual, but upon wake, the progress bar fills (I can see the lock screen image behind it), then the screen freezes and CPU fan runs fast. System is not reachable via network. Hard reset is only option at that point. hibernatemode 0 is a no-go and has been for some time - host will panic reboot, so have preferred mode 25 both for stability and for power savings.

EFI contents (minus themes) and IOReg attached.

Edit: still experiencing trouble. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• pistacio_ioreg_20161126.ioreg
    4.2 MB · Views: 128
  • pistacio_efi_20161126.zip
    23.5 MB · Views: 147
Last edited:
GA-Z97
Clover 3949 (started at 3899)
hibernatemode 25

Wake from hibernate was working in 10.11.6.

System will hibernate as usual, but upon wake, the progress bar fills (I can see the lock screen image behind it), then the screen freezes and CPU fan runs fast. System is not reachable via network. Hard reset is only option at that point. hibernatemode 0 is a no-go and has been for some time - host will panic reboot, so have preferred mode 25 both for stability and for power savings.

EFI contents (minus themes) and IOReg attached.

Edit: still experiencing trouble. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you ever get this sorted out?

Did you ever get this sorted out?
Not yet. I'm up to Clover 4003 and 10.12.3 on my test Sierra volume. Same result - hangs at the end of the progress bar.

Not yet. I'm up to Clover 4003 and 10.12.3 on my test Sierra volume. Same result - hangs at the end of the progress bar.

I followed the conventional wisdom that says macOS Sierra and hibernate don't work together - so I've given up on hibernation and just use sleep.

To make my hac stop hibernating, I *just* checked the Never Hibernate option in Boot section of (Clover) config.plist.

Would this work for you?

I followed the conventional wisdom that says macOS Sierra and hibernate don't work together - so I've given up on hibernation and just use sleep.

To make my hac stop hibernating, I *just* checked the Never Hibernate option in Boot section of (Clover) config.plist.

Would this work for you?

No. Power savings is the desired goal. Ordinary sleep results in memory corruption, leaving hibernate as the desired option.

Hibernate works fine with Sierra in my household's MBPs. Just not with my Hack, though I've read elsewhere that it works fine for others. I wish their success would bleed over.

Ordinary sleep results in memory corruption

Can you provide a reference showing this?

I would like to enable hibernation as well; just thought it was off the table.

If you get it to work, hope you can share your work here. :)

Good luck.

Can you provide a reference showing this?

I would like to enable hibernation as well; just thought it was off the table.

If you get it to work, hope you can share your work here. :)

Good luck.

It's circumstantial evidence - a short sleep is fine, but a long sleep results in a kernel panic.

It's circumstantial evidence - a short sleep is fine, but a long sleep results in a kernel panic.
on my system, long sleep results in hibernation, which results in kernel panic, and the only wake possible is cancel hibernate wake.

nearly the same thing I suppose

I would say it's not the same thing. By the time yours sleeps, the memory may already have been corrupted. I use hibernatemode 25, which results in immediate hibernation, with memory still in full-power state.

Still the same result with 10.12.5 and Clover 4061. Tried multiple reinstalls, including using Unibeast/Multibeast with 10.12.5. The progress bar fills, then the machine hangs. It's perfect with 10.11.x. What am I missing?

Edit: updated profile to list Hackintosh hardware.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back