Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I just bought a new rig based on the buying guide recommendations.

Gigabyte ga-h270-hd3
intel i5 7600k

I have built several hacks in the past with little to no trouble using the guides here, sadly i can't find a specific guide for this board on the forums so i'm just working off the generic sierra install post.

I have read that this motherboard has trouble installing from USB 3 drives so I tried an old sandisk cruzer edge 8gb (fairly sure it's usb 2). I'm using the usb ports at the top of the back plate (not blue).

When i -v the install stucks imediately on:

OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for /System/Library/CoreServicesBoot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++_

I feel like I'm likely showing my ineptitude here and it's something very simple.... hopefully!

Any help would be hugely appreciated!
Cheers

EDIT
I am using these bios settings from a previous guide on the 100 series of this board:

BIOS Setting:
  • BIOS Features
    • Fast Boot = Disabled
    • Windows 8/10 Features = Other OS
    • Storage Boot Option Control = UEFI Only
    • Other PCI Device ROM Priority = UEFI Only
  • Peripherals
    • Intel Platform Trust Technology (PPT) = Disabled
    • Legacy USB Support = Disabled
    • XHCI Hand-off = Enabled
    • Super IO Configuration
      • Serial Port 1 = Disabled
      • Parallel Port = Disabled
    • SATA Configuration
      • SATA Mode Selection = AHCI
      • Aggressive LPM Support = Disabled
  • Chipset
    • VT-d = Disabled
    • High Precision Timer = Disabled
    • IOAPIC 24-119 Entries = Disabled
  • Power Management
    • ErP = Enabled
    • Soft-Off by PWR-BTTN = Delay 4 Sec.
Note 1, Start with Optimized Defaults (F7)

Last edited:
@icharlie, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have multiple systems add them to your signature or build signature.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

@icharlie, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have multiple systems add them to your signature or build signature.

My appologies. Things should now be in order.

One thing which is confusing me, I filled in my builds (including this one) but I thought the integrated graphics for the 7600k were HD630, but there was no option for that. So I had to choose HD530.

@icharlie did you ever figure out the problem?? I have the same issue with this motherboard :(

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
Please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and Graphics Card.
icharlie did you ever figure out the problem?? I have the same issue with this motherboard :(
icharlie was last seen: Oct 22, 2017 ;)

Please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and Graphics Card.

icharlie was last seen: Oct 22, 2017 ;)
thanks @BreBo, I figured out what the problem was (and updated my profile per your comment). Turns out, I had not read the instructions thoroughly and configured the boot loader on Unibeast with NVIDIA graphics injections not realizing that it was only meant for older cards. For reference I have gtx 1070. So I unchecked graphics injection option in boot loader config and installation was successful.

My only remaining issue is sound driver and I am following this post to solve it https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lake-audio-onboard-and-or-hd-6x0-hdmi.221618/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back