Contribute
Register

Sierra freeze at kernel MSI X99 5930k

Status
Not open for further replies.
What audio chipset has your mainboard?
It's a realtekALC 1150

I did the install through multibeast and then it died. I'll try again without the usb controller to see if that helps because with it active it killed half my usb ports. I'm going to try one last thing and then give that method another shot

Just redid the install and got it to work with voodoohda 2.8.9 and then another application called perian which I had to use on yosemite as well. I'll do some boot tests to see how well everything is running. I'll leave another message shortly and then I'll update again with my efi file if you're curious. It's interesting though that on my yosemite install it runs off hdmi 1 and here it runs hdmi 2 but I'm not complaining. Using hacked wifi card to run wifi and bluetooth so all well there and functioning at 100% also had to use different ethernet kext to get full control since the one in multibeast was freaking out. Anyway back soon with more details.

It would appear at least based off what I've got that it doesn't like to start cold. Sometimes it will run right off the bat when I start it up but not always. After a failed attempt however it seems to always start up the very next try. Attached is My EFI file

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.8 MB · Views: 93
It would appear at least based off what I've got that it doesn't like to start cold. Sometimes it will run right off the bat when I start it up but not always. After a failed attempt however it seems to always start up the very next try. Attached is My EFI file

Thank you. is USB 3.0 is working now for you ?

Thank you. is USB 3.0 is working now for you ?
Yes thankfully. Sorry it's been a while. I'm trying to see if I can get it to accept clover and run the webdrivers because with just clover it booted fine and everything also ran. It seemed more stable to boot. As in it booted the first time every time. No multi booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back