Contribute
Register

Sierra for HP 6200 Pro i5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on what I can try to fault find?
Use the -V boot flag (verbose) so that you can get specific info about why it hangs where it does.

@trs96 Hi. I think im doing something wrong. When i go to boot up the fresh install and hit command v, i get a breif amount of text, then it goes to Clover, i hit install (then i hold command v), it goes to the apple load screen but no verbose, just a load bar....have i cocked this up or am i not doing it correctly?

hit command v

am i not doing it correctly?

You're not doing it correctly.
Command + v has no effect in Clover.
At the Clover boot menu highlight the drive that you want to boot from then press the spacebar.
You can then select verbose mode from the list of options.
Alternatively you can add -v to the boot flags in your config.plist.

@P1LGRIM Thank you, i shall try this.

So that part worked, thank you. This was what came next if i have copied it correctly...<dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

Before, it also got stuck at "The Regents University of California"

Attachments

• IMG_20210426_170206_edit_280287671208793.jpg
    IMG_20210426_170206_edit_280287671208793.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
@trs96 Hi. So im up to date with Mojave now and working. I have a spare SSD im going to put Catalina on but would like to know how to fully erase this SSD (850Evo) as it appears it has an old boot loader from the original i7 build that wont erase when using Disk Utilities. (Also, i cant access BIOS for some reason to erase ssd there).

but would like to know how to fully erase this SSD (850Evo) as it appears it has an old boot loader from the original i7 build that wont erase when using Disk Utilities.
In Disk Utility try to format it as FAT32 and MBR. That should get rid of the EFI partition. Then try again to make it HFS+ and GUID to create a new 200 MB EFI.

For some reason it won't let me erase to create fat32
IMG_20210505_153941.jpg

Should Verbose be able to be run while installing Catalina? My install keep freezing and when i try to run Verbose it will not. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back