Contribute
Register

Sierra for HP 6200 Pro i5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, noted, thank you. As its only a platform to BS, do you know if this will be an issue with BS too?

Ok, noted, thank you. As its only a platform to BS, do you know if this will be an issue with BS too?
The EN210 is too old to work with BS. No metal support. It requires at the minimum a Nvidia Kepler card. Newer AMD cards are better but much more expensive.

These are the older Nvidia Kepler Cards that still work with BS:
  • GTX 780/Ti
  • GTX 770
  • GTX 760/Ti
  • GT 740 (Avoid OEM versions)
  • GT 730 (GK208 core)
  • GT 720
  • GT 710 (GK208 core DDR3 versions)
  • GTX 690
  • GTX 680
  • GTX 670
  • GTX 660/Ti (Avoid GK106 models)
  • GTX 650/Ti (Avoid GK106 models)
  • GT 640 (Kepler edition, GK107/208 core)
  • GT 630 (Kepler edition, GK208 core)
  • Quadro 410
  • Quadro K420
  • Quadro K600
  • Quadro K2000/D
  • Quadro K4200
  • Quadro K5000
  • Quadro K5200
  • Quadro K6000
  • Quadro NVS510

Ah I see I will have to put a graphics card in. That's fine, easy job. Any recommendations? Will it be plug and play? Thank you.

Ah I see I will have to put a graphics card in. That's fine, easy job. Any recommendations? Will it be plug and play? Thank you.
Pick one from the list that will fit and that your PSU can support. Some need 6 pin or 8 pin supplemental power so research first. There are some Kepler cards that have a GK106 core in them. Those will not work reliably.

Roger that, I shall do just that and research what will fit my Asus motherboard

my ASUS z270G motherboard can only take from that list
You can use any supported Nvidia or AMD card that is within your budget range. It doesn't need to be an Asus branded card either. Most all Gigabyte and MSI branded cards will work. Some specific XFX models will not work due to Vbios problems. Sapphire branded cards are usually a great choice.

The AMD cards that are Polaris based or newer have gotten so expensive, even on the used market that it's hard to justify paying the current prices. Any other Nvidia cards from the list I posted will work if the power supply is capable of powering them.

So your saying any of you above list will work with my Motherboard?
Yes, the primary factor to consider is whether macOS has driver support for the graphics card. The motherboard itself just needs to have a single x16 PCIe slot to fit the card into, that's it.

Ah i see, understood. My budget is around £50/60 and i have found a few 2gb cards for around that. Would you touch an overclocked one?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back