Sierra + Firewire – crash/reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770K, 3.5GHz
Graphics
Hi, I did a search already, but couldn't find a useful thread anywhere. The problem looks as follows: I did a clean install of Sierra, everything looks proper and works. Except when I switch on any of the Firewire devices (Audio cards), the computer crashes and reboots on its own.

This happens when I switch 'em on after booting up, and if I boot up with Firewire devices switched on, it'll get as far as the progress bar of macOS, then .. it crashes and reboots.

Until now I used Mountain Lion, and the FW PCI-card (Exsys EX-16415) works without a lot of issues in ML, which is odd.

Does anyone have any useful hints/fixes? What other info should I post?

Thanks.

Last edited:
@Grimm, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I believe I just stuck it in and it worked right away (schon ein paar Jahre her). But that's in Mountain Lion. I wonder what the problem is in Sierra (hence this thread, ehem).

probably
i will switch for a thunderbolt card.. more native as they will prob support it longer in the future

a bit sad though. the exsys seems nice

I might have to give up on this, can't find anything about the problem anywhere. I wonder if a Thunderbolt card and using Firewire/Thunderbolt adapters would fix it. Is there a Thunderbolt card you can recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back