Graphics
MSI Radeon RX 580 Armor 8GB OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey guys!

Decided it was time to update my build to Sierra. The old (and trusty) system was previously running Mavericks and ran smoothly for several years.

Last week I got a new 850 EVO drive and did a clean install of Sierra.
Followed the installation guide, although almost none of the suggested BIOS settings applies to my MoBo. From what I remember I disabled "wake on lan", switched memory to "Profile1" and it was booting!

I then installed both audio and lan drivers, just like I did for Mavericks, and it worked great.

Now, the biggest issue seems to be with loading times. For some weird reason, it takes 2m24s to go from the *beep* sound to the login screen.

The bottleneck is somewhere in the last 1/3 of the loading bar that appears below the white apple on a black screen. Right before the OS loads.

Searching around the forum didn't seem to help. I saw someone suggesting that "debug" could be turned on config.plist, and indeed it was. But even that didn't seem to affect the loading time at all...

Any of you guys want to make a guess of what this might be?

Any of you guys want to make a guess of what this might be?
Hmm. Waiting for DSMOS? No point in guessing. Turn off auto login if enabled and boot with verbose details.

Hmm. Waiting for DSMOS? No point in guessing. Turn off auto login if enabled and boot with verbose details.

Auto login is disabled.
Verbose mode yielded some insights. Here's a screencap of a video I took while it loaded: https://goo.gl/photos/7r5gKNaJR8Y25Lwf7

That last time, for which it appears to be waiting 60s, gets duplicated after some time and then it jumps to the login screen.

So the problem seems to rely on that "AppleACPIPlatformExpert". But that string doesn't return anything from the search.
Any other hints?

Auto login is disabled.
Verbose mode yielded some insights. Here's a screencap of a video I took while it loaded: https://goo.gl/photos/7r5gKNaJR8Y25Lwf7

That last time, for which it appears to be waiting 60s, gets duplicated after some time and then it jumps to the login screen.

So the problem seems to rely on that "AppleACPIPlatformExpert". But that string doesn't return anything from the search.
Any other hints?
Likely the problem is the FakeSMC error at the top of the screenshot

Hum... What do you suggest?
I've had issues with FakeSMC on the previous build, I'm afraid of that beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back