Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
I didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
I just upgraded to Sierra. Before, on El Capitan, everything was perfect. Now it seems that I have to boot with Clover since the older method doesn't work anymore. My problem is that now my computer can't deal with two graphic cards. One is a 660 and the other one a 980. The web driver is up to date. The nVidia control panel sees both cards but the 4k monitor, connected to the 980, is black and I can't even see it in the display control panel. Any ideas? Tx.

UPDATE: I plugged the cable for the 4K monitor into another output from the 980 and now I have the monitor kind of working. I have serious graphic issues where some system icons are not display properly, icons in mail and even the Apple logo in the menu bar. It's still unusable. Is there a way to use Sierra without Clover, with the old method, once I installed it with Clover?

UPDATE2: Strangely, graphic intensive applications like FCPX and Davincy Resolve work perfectly. Only the finder, macstore and Mail seen to give me graphic issues. Oh, and Safari... not good

Last edited:
I just upgraded to Sierra. Before, on El Capitan, everything was perfect. Now it seems that I have to boot with Clover since the older method doesn't work anymore. My problem is that now my computer can't deal with two graphic cards. One is a 660 and the other one a 980. The web driver is up to date. The nVidia control panel sees both cards but the 4k monitor, connected to the 980, is black and I can't even see it in the display control panel. Any ideas? Tx.

UPDATE: I plugged the cable for the 4K monitor into another output from the 980 and now I have the monitor kind of working. I have serious graphic issues where some system icons are not display properly, icons in mail and even the Apple logo in the menu bar. It's still unusable. Is there a way to use Sierra without Clover, with the old method, once I installed it with Clover?

UPDATE2: Strangely, graphic intensive applications like FCPX and Davincy Resolve work perfectly. Only the finder, macstore and Mail seen to give me graphic issues. Oh, and Safari... not good

i have never managed to make dual gpu work, i'm on sierra and would like to try how to. can you please tell me the instructions?

i have never managed to make dual gpu work, i'm on sierra and would like to try how to. can you please tell me the instructions?

I didn't do anything special for dual GPU. Just plugged it in. Earlier versions of clover didn't allow me to see both cards. With he latest, it does. Sorry. I wish I could help you more.

I didn't do anything special for dual GPU. Just plugged it in. Earlier versions of clover didn't allow me to see both cards. With he latest, it does. Sorry. I wish I could help you more.
which version are you using?. i dont have the latest but a most recent one and still cant dual boot my gtx 580 with 3gb ram... do i need the nvidia drivers? because i dont use them..

i downloaded the the nvidia web drivers but it still doesn't work, it might be that because i have a legacy motherboard

nope i can't even boot into the os. it just get stuck on boot loading.

Hello!

I would like to share that I also have these problems:
messed up graphics in:
Mail,
Safari,
Desk Chat, (whatsapp client)
and a few more, I am sure...

details:
PCI express = first load (bios goes to my first gpu)

i have:
- GTX 760 2GB
- GTX Titan X 12GB

now the monitors need to be connected to the 760,
so the Titan can be exclusive to calculations for
Da Vinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere

I do not have as much distortion when plugging the
monitors, or one, onto the Titan...

It seems to me that the OS has some sort of visual smoothing or
GPU dependent acceleration (which I appreciate) :)
but cannot handle the combo of the two graphics cards...
just 1 GPU is no problem for these apps.

and the sierra App Store!

also a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back