CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
HD 530, GTX 960m, 3840 x 2160
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello Everyone,
I have installed Sierra on my Samsung np350v5c-ae02ae laptop. everything is ok expect some known problems. El Capitan was working fine.
problem details: I create bootable usb with clover in El Capitan. booting process was okay, as per guid https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tops-with-clover.148093/page-278#post-1337964
after boot I installed clover to my hdd but I can't boot from HDD. I always need usb to boot Sierra.

I follow this guid as the problem was in El Capitan and it was fixed

Find bootx64.efi on HDD EFI partition with the combination of the following commands:

Shell> map fs*➝ Show all partitions
Shell> fs0: (or fs1: or fs2: ...)➝ Switch to fs0, fs1, fs2,... partitions
Shell> ls ➝ List the contents of current partition / directory
Shell> cd \efi\boot ➝ Change the directory to \efi\boot
Shell> ls

Then:

Shell> help bcfg -b -v ➝ Get help onbcfg command
Shell> bcfg boot dump ➝List current boot options
Shell> bcfg boot add N bootx64.efi "Clover" ➝ Add bootx64.efi from the current dir (\efi\boot) as a boot option labeled "Clover" (You will see this name also in the UEFI BIOS Boot menu boot items). N is the boot option number: 0 if you want it to be the first, 1 to be the second, etc.
Shell> bcfg boot dump ➝ Check if Clover is added
Shell> reset ➝ Restart the system and load Clover from SSD / HDD

clover doesn't create boot entry so I need to boot from usb every time, possible fix?
attached efi.zip from HDD

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 88
Hello Everyone,
I have installed Sierra on my Samsung np350v5c-ae02ae laptop. everything is ok expect some known problems. El Capitan was working fine.
problem details: I create bootable usb with clover in El Capitan. booting process was okay, as per guid https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tops-with-clover.148093/page-278#post-1337964
after boot I installed clover to my hdd but I can't boot from HDD. I always need usb to boot Sierra.

I follow this guid as the problem was in El Capitan and it was fixed

Find bootx64.efi on HDD EFI partition with the combination of the following commands:

Shell> map fs*➝ Show all partitions
Shell> fs0: (or fs1: or fs2: ...)➝ Switch to fs0, fs1, fs2,... partitions
Shell> ls ➝ List the contents of current partition / directory
Shell> cd \efi\boot ➝ Change the directory to \efi\boot
Shell> ls

Then:

Shell> help bcfg -b -v ➝ Get help onbcfg command
Shell> bcfg boot dump ➝List current boot options
Shell> bcfg boot add N bootx64.efi "Clover" ➝ Add bootx64.efi from the current dir (\efi\boot) as a boot option labeled "Clover" (You will see this name also in the UEFI BIOS Boot menu boot items). N is the boot option number: 0 if you want it to be the first, 1 to be the second, etc.
Shell> bcfg boot dump ➝ Check if Clover is added
Shell> reset ➝ Restart the system and load Clover from SSD / HDD

clover doesn't create boot entry so I need to boot from usb every time, possible fix?
attached efi.zip from HDD

Use efibootmgr in Windows as per guide post #2.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Thanks RehabMan for reply.
I dont have installed windows or linux so should I need to install or can I use linux live cd.

I would use an Ubuntu USB.

I would use an Ubuntu USB.
I try using Ubuntu USB and according to guid I follow the instruction and It create boot entry but I cannot boot. as soon the apple logo pop up there comes a cross in round. please help
20161001_214218.jpg

I try using Ubuntu USB and according to guid I follow the instruction and It create boot entry but I cannot boot. as soon the apple logo pop up there comes a cross in round. please helpView attachment 213353

This is not an issue with boot entries. It is an issue with your Clover setup.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back