B. cloverALC
  1. Download/View Raw/audio_cloverALC-120
  2. Mount EFI/EFI Mounter v3 | tonymacx86.com
  3. Double Click Downloads/audio_. . .ALC-120.command
  4. Enter Password
  5. Answer questions (y/n)
  6. Terminal/Shell/Export Text As...
  7. Restart
No audio: see II. Problem Reporting, Post #1, No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA. Post to thread linked.

More Info: Realtek ALC AppleHDA

100/200 Series and X99 High Definition Audio Fix
Not supported natively/See Realtek ALC AppleHDA/Post #1:
Unsupported/Non-working Realtek ALC AppleHDA
  1. 100/200 Series/Intel High Definition Audio
  2. X99/Intel High Definition Audio
Credit: pcpaul/Riley Freeman/Clover General discussion
When I open the command I can't type.

Hello. Just wondering if the script makes changes to Clover's config.plist? I saw three entries there related to AppleHDA and I'm not sure if I it was there previously or not. Thanks

edit: My board using ALC888

I've a Gigabyte Z170-HD3P. I believe the audio chip is ALC887. I have sound correctly working in a 10.11.6 installation from last summer, but today I installed 10.12.6 from scratch in a new disk, and I've not been able to get sound working yet. First, I tried to reinstall audio (only audio drivers) in MultiBeast because I read at the installation guide that you need to reinstall audio drivers after booting. But it didn't work.

Then, I read this littlegreen thread (he has the same mobo as mine) pointing to this thread as a fix for getting audio working, but it didn't work either.

EDIT: I posted a report in the following link, I hope you can help me: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...c-applehda-guide.143752/page-311#post-1548475

Last edited:
Just wanted to say: Thanks a lot!
I played around for days and with your description sound works finally. Thanks.

I just wanted to say using latest VoodooHDA. sound works flawless. Using clover to enable it.

This did not help. I have Asus z97-P mobo with Sierra installed. I have been at this for the past 2 days and I have tried all the possible solutions and nothing works.

Back