Contribute
Register

Sierra Desktop/Realtek AppleHDA Audio

Alc887 audio works fine in 10.12, but after a few seconds if there is no audio playback, it is as if it were disconnected, it is heard in the speakers as before starting the operating system. After playing any sound returns to normal, To reproduce .... a few seconds later the same cycle ...help me please ...

in 10.11 ok
in 10.10 ok

Last edited:
See Post #1, No audio . . . Post to linked thread.

Thanks for your time. I remember that changing the definition to MacPro 5.1 does not happen, it works fine. But I will continue trying with iMac14.2 which is the one I believe closest to my configuration.

I thought it was some energy saving topic......

Last edited:
I was looking at github and I saw realtekalc.kext. Anyone know what is this for? thank you

another question please. Is it ok to rebuild the kernel cache after patching AppleHDA.kext using the "cloverALC-120" script in the first post?

Thanks again

Hi guys,

I have a strange issue with audio on Sierra 10.12.4 . While it works just fine, it seem to strangely stop working every other reboot. So when I turn off my pc after a 'good' session, next one it stops working (in Sys Pref - Sound it shows 4 rows of 'Digital Out HDMI', as outputs, and none works) and I have to reboot once more to make it work again.

Does anyone encountered this thing?

I have Realtek 887 and I installed the correct Voodoo for my device.

Thanks in advance!

Tried everything from these steps provided for troubleshooting in this thread, external threads, doing a dance, nothing. Mac detects audio devices and my microphone (which I can see that when I talk it picks up my voice in sound prefences) but I cannot hear anything when I attempt to play any audio...which leads me into my next problem...that I cant play any form of media because it stays on 0:00 no matter what. Does not matter if it is online, itunes, or in game. Specs are in my profile but just for kicks..I installed drivers through multi-beast, ran the ACL100 patch, etc. Nothing helps. Only kext I see in my EFI is the realtek in 10.12. If I plug or unplug my devices, it recognizes that I am removing an audio device. Set to internal speakers and micro phone. Tried plugging into my front headphone jack, still recognizes that I am plugging it in but no audio/no media can be played.

Attached is my config doc. Any help would be appreciated as this has been three days of troubleshooting. Everything else works great but the dang audio.

ASUS Z170-E Board rocking ACL887
I7-6700k

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 353
Back