Contribute
Register

Sierra Desktop/Realtek AppleHDA Audio

This is what I get after typing password. No questions are asked.

No "Sound Out" option for Sierra (10.12.4) Gigabyte, GA-Z170X-Designare, (RealTek ALC 1150)

I'm so jealous of those who have sound working in 10.12.4 !

Audio_cloverALC-120.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 6.36.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 6.36.12 PM.png
    58 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
First, I apologize if I did not follow formal guidelines on posting a question/issue/problem. I am very new to posting on this forum, and I do not have the hang of it yet.

Second, I may be technically over my head on trouble-shooting these issues, as the Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem, does not mean much to me. The ACPI problem seems like it could be anything in the ACPI script, and I don't know why it would be an issue. And the IOReg/HDEF means nothing to me. I disabled and enabled the built-in audio in the BIOS, neither worked.

Anyway, I don't expect a response to this message, as it is likely that a solution has already been posted, I am just too ignorant to realize it (no sarcasm.) I am just having a hell of a time figuring out Post #1 and how to interpret it. I will try to power through.

Sincerely,
GundamPoker

I don't think I quite understand the nature of my issue. I have Asus TUF Z270 Mark 2 with an ALC887.
On running the script, I get "Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem".

I guess my first, general question is whether a solution to get my sound working is out there or not (yet)...

Back