Contribute
Register

Sierra Desktop/Realtek AppleHDA Audio

Hi guys,

Someone help me please, I have a B85m-D3H and I cant fix this "no audio" problem, i've installed the ALC887/888 with latest multibeast version, all devices is showed up but no success in fixing the problem. (Sorry for my bad english).

Thank you.

Recently updated to 10.12.1. I have a Z87MX-D3H motherboard for which the onboard sound worked. What I see now looks normal here in System report, but the Intel is not available as shown in System Preferences/Sound. Rather than See Post #1, which doesn't seem to fit this problem, is there anyone who experienced this and solved it? Or still lives with it?
Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 9.01.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 9.02.30 PM.png

Why are you using Audio ID: 2?
No audio devices; your problem absolutely fits Post #1
This thread is not for problem solving. Off topic.
Of course it has to do with this post and we must not take a dim view here. Hacks require a wholistic approach. You wouldn't want a dr. not to treat you without thinking outside the box just a little. That said, I figured out this problem. I have the backup El Capitan inside the same box and, apparently, when the computer booted, it used the EFI on that drive to boot! I figured this out by triangulating a similar audio problem specific to my motherboard. I just needed to boot off the proper EFI drive and update the one in the backup, too. The boot is now redirected to the primary drive. I have no idea how the backup EFI became the first choice in the boot, but it did. All good now. 892 sound works with your script. It always did, it was just a matter of thinking outside and back inside my particular rig--which is in a cube-shaped cabinet no less. Enjoy the day everyone.

Hi Toleda,

Would you happen to have the clover binary patches for the ALC 282? Here is what I have working in El Capitan.

AppleHDA
ALC663 binary checks #1
Find
8319D411
Replace

ALC663 binary checks #2
find
8508EC10
replace

ALC282 binary patch
find
8B19D411
replace
8202EC10

Of course it has to do with this post and we must not take a dim view here. Hacks require a wholistic approach. You wouldn't want a dr. not to treat you without thinking outside the box just a little. That said, I figured out this problem. I have the backup El Capitan inside the same box and, apparently, when the computer booted, it used the EFI on that drive to boot! I figured this out by triangulating a similar audio problem specific to my motherboard. I just needed to boot off the proper EFI drive and update the one in the backup, too. The boot is now redirected to the primary drive. I have no idea how the backup EFI became the first choice in the boot, but it did. All good now. 892 sound works with your script. It always did, it was just a matter of thinking outside and back inside my particular rig--which is in a cube-shaped cabinet no less. Enjoy the day everyone.
@FranzWerfel - very funny post! :lolno: toleda, you are a patient soul...
rig--which is in a cube-shaped cabinet no less
Thinking this is what really nailed it! Hope you'll modify your guide accordingly...

Last edited:
Back