Contribute
Register

Sierra Desktop/Realtek AppleHDA Audio

Which files did you delete other than the AppleHDA? I can't seem to get the patch to work.

That was from before Toleda updated his patch for Sierra, to get sound working I had to copy AppleHDA and realtekALC from El Capitan, so those were the ones I deleted. Restored AppleHDA and just ran Toledas updated patch. Nothing of this is of any use today really :)

Last edited:
So I got sound working on my setup (ALC888) using the 120 script. Looking at the 120 script log (see below), is it possible to save:

1. EFI/CLOVER/kexts/others/realtekALC.kext
  2. S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext
  3. EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (seems the 120 script made 3 changes to AppleHDA via Kernel/Kext patches - see below)
  4. Any others files/config I need to save?

so I don't have to run the script all the time I reinstall Sierra?

Another question please: What happens if I got an OSX update? Do I need to rerun the script?

Thank you so much!

config.plist changes made by 120 script

O9DntqK.png

120 script log

Code:
File: audio_cloverALC-120.command_v1.0b0
Release Mode
Password:
EFI partition is mounted
System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
    Apple Internal: disabled
    Kext Signing: disabled
    Filesystem Protections: disabled
    Debugging Restrictions: enabled
    DTrace Restrictions: enabled
    NVRAM Protections: enabled
    BaseSystem Verification: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

OK to patch
Confirm Realtek ALC888 (y/n): y
ALC888 v_0x100001 not supported
Use Legacy (v100202) Patch (y/n): y
Clover Audio ID Injection (y/n): y
Use Audio ID: 1 (y/n): y

Download ALC888 files ...
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 23970  100 23970    0     0  10439      0  0:00:02  0:00:02 --:--:-- 10444
Edit config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/1
Edit config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts/YES
Download kext patches
100  1418  100  1418    0     0   1021      0  0:00:01  0:00:01 --:--:--  1021
Download config kext and install ...
100  3665  100  3665    0     0   2597      0  0:00:01  0:00:01 --:--:--  2597
Install /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/realtekALC.kext
Install System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/ALC888 zml files
Fix permissions ...
Kernel cache...
rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext AppleHDA.kext
KernelCache ID: C37CB5D2ACC54400C84F6087590F9CE9
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>
kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot

Install finished, restart required.
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...

Last edited:
Remove the AppleHDA disabler you installed.
I ended up getting the script to work. I went into S/L/E and discovered that there was a disable AppleHDA kext. I deleted it, rebooted, mounted EFI, re-ran patch and answered all questions as Y and audio id =1 (I have ALC 892). I rebooted and got a kernel panic. Now I can't rerun patch in safe mode because I can't mount EFI part.

Any suggestions on what I can try?

I don't have the terminal output anymore because I restarted, sorry, but can you think of a reason the script only enables the orange port on my board? The green port works perfectly on Windows. I ran the audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0b0 and have a Z170 deluxe board. Installed Realtek1150 option and 100 series audio option in Multibeast.

Hi, I just installed sierra and everything works except audio (asus P6T motherboard ) , I ran . multibeast with ALC888 legacy which used to work on El Capitan but I still see no audio devices. I ran Toleda's audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0b0.command script, attaching . output in this post. any help getting audio is greatly appreciated, thanks!!

Attachments

• output.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 173
Hi, I just installed sierra and everything works except audio (asus P6T motherboard ) , I ran . multibeast with ALC888 legacy which used to work on El Capitan but I still see no audio devices. I ran Toleda's audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0b0.command script, attaching . output in this post. any help getting audio is greatly appreciated, thanks!!

I got sound to work on my setup by removing any audio tweak/hack (including DSDT/Clover kext patches) and let the script do it work on a stock config/files.

Back