Contribute
Register

Sierra Desktop/Realtek AppleHDA Audio

I got it to work after several attempts by adding a 10.12 folder on efi/clover/kexts and running the script again.

I followed the steps in this guide but still am getting "no output/input devices found" in the sound section of System Preferences. I've run the command file twice now. I can see the realtekALC.kext file in my EFI partition, so I know that part worked.

Prior to using this guide, after upgrading to Sierra, I tried to use MultiBeast to get audio working. Of course, that didn't work either.

My system specs: MacOS Sierra 10.12, Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 motherboard, i5-4670 processor, PowerColor Radeon HD 7850 1GB video card, ALC892 audio chipset.

I've attached the log/text from running the audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0b0.command file. I'm new to all of this, and think I might be missing something obvious. Audio worked fine under El Capitan.
I have a similar rig with 892. I can get HDMI sound, USB, but the Realtek isn't working yet.

Is alc 662 supported by this scripts?

Sierra Desktop/Realtek AppleHDA Audio
Clover only/Experimental:
  1. Download/View Raw/audio_cloverALC-120
  2. Mount EFI/EFI Mounter v3 | tonymacx86.com
  3. Double Click Downloads/audio_. . .ALC-120.command
  4. Enter Password
  5. Answer questions (y/n)
  6. Terminal/Shell/Export Text As...
  7. Restart
No audio: see II. Problem Reporting, Post #1, No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA. Post to thread linked.

More Info: Realtek ALC AppleHDA

100 Series and X99 High Definition Audio Fix
Not supported natively/See Realtek ALC AppleHDA/Post #1:
Unsupported/Non-working Realtek ALC AppleHDA
  1. 100 Series/Intel High Definition Audio (2 and 3 only)
  2. X99/Intel High Definition Audio
Credit: pcpaul/Riley Freeman/Clover General discussion

kextd busy timeout IOHDACodecFunction

How do I fix this?

Back