Contribute
Register

Sierra Desktop/Realtek AppleHDA Audio

So you added one of the patches for 10.11 that differed from the 10.12 patch set? Thanks for replying btw.

Yes, I guess it generates an error in the log somewhere when Clover doesn't find a matching pattern to patch but it works.

Hi
I ran the command (after mounting EFI on my HDD) and it showed success but after a reboot there's no audio or audio device :(
ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming
Realtec 1150
Sierra Beta 4

Hi
I ran the command (after mounting EFI on my HDD) and it showed success but after a reboot there's no audio or audio device :(
ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming
Realtec 1150
Sierra Beta 4

Have u tried to install through multibeast alc1150 and 100 series after ran command?

I have same mb, and after executing this command i had i/o, but no sound at all. I get back on 10.11.6 and getting same issue as on sierra. I put Realtek-Audio SSDT file in EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched and ran command with opened EFI partition and then run multibeast for luck and i have a sound for now.

SSDT http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/s...sung-950-pro-512gb-asus-gtx-970-strix.187264/

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2016-08-14 at 6.54.29 PM.png :wave: Thanks Work SIerra Dp 1 On gigabyte p55 UD3L ALC892:headbang:

Have u tried to install through multibeast alc1150 and 100 series after ran command?

I have same mb, and after executing this command i had i/o, but no sound at all. I get back on 10.11.6 and getting same issue as on sierra. I put Realtek-Audio SSDT file in EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched and ran command with opened EFI partition and then run multibeast for luck and i have a sound for now.

SSDT http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/s...sung-950-pro-512gb-asus-gtx-970-strix.187264/
I put HDEF.aml in Clover/ACPI/Patched and ran command again and this time it worked :)

i have a Problem after sleep.

I have ALC898 and all works as expected after a fresh start.
After sleep, sound is there right away but as soon as i switch from headphone to line out sound breaks
up.
When i switch back from line out to headphones sound works for a minute and then it's breaking up again.
HDMI sound on my display speakers is working all the time.

I played a bit with darkwake setting in clover but that does not do anything.

Last edited:
ALC887 working in Sierra PB5. Almost perfect.

Sound goes mute when, for example, I watch a video on youtube and after the video has played, I do nothing for ~10 secs. Then audio stops working. If I resume music right after the video has played, or do something else that triggers sound, it will not mute.

I have to manually reset the driver with this command: "sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext"

And even then only my USB DAC shows up on sound menu.

Last edited:
EDIT: Tried it again and it works now. Mystery! Thanks for a nice tool :)
If I only knew how to solve sleeping issues.

Hi! I have an Asus Z97 Pro Gamer MB with a codec which is called SupremeFX.

The devices are shown by system information, but not shown by Sound pref pane.
The DPCIManager reports the following:
Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 14.59.52.png

I've tried running toleda's patch but it did not give me any sound (the log is attached). Can anyone help?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 15.00.19.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 15.00.19.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 277
  • Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 15.00.54.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 15.00.54.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 295
  • audio_patch_log.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
did not give me any sound
log:
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>
Suggest reinstall.

Back