Motherboard
X58a-UD3r V2.0 FH
CPU
i7 950
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 470
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I was able to create a USB, see and erase my SSD and install Sierra. Upon rebooting after the installation my SSD with the new Sierra installation is not appearing in the list of bootable options.. Has anyone else run into this and found a solution?

I'm using optimized defaults for BIOS and have tried various SATA ports. I have a OCZ Vertex 3 SSD.

What is not appearing where? The Sierra installation in Clover? Or Clover in the UEFI boot menu?

What is not appearing where? The Sierra installation in Clover? Or Clover in the UEFI boot menu?

The Sierra installation in clover when I boot from the Legacy USB stick. I only see "Boot from EFI" and "Boot Mac OSX from USB" which takes me to the Sierra installation over and over again.

Huh, that I haven't run into before. A few ideas to try: 1) Create a GPT usb drive with clover installed for UEFI booting only. Maybe it has something to do with legacy clover vs GPT ssd? 2) Check that you have all the usual clover drivers installed, especially the HFS+ one. 3) Go into UEFI shell in clover and check that your SSD shows up? That's just the first few things that come to mind that I would try, sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Huh, that I haven't run into before. A few ideas to try: 1) Create a GPT usb drive with clover installed for UEFI booting only. Maybe it has something to do with legacy clover vs GPT ssd? 2) Check that you have all the usual clover drivers installed, especially the HFS+ one. 3) Go into UEFI shell in clover and check that your SSD shows up? That's just the first few things that come to mind that I would try, sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Thanks for your reply. I'll grab a couple of USB jump drives and install clover a few ways on them. It's really frustrating to see the internal SSD drive during the installation but not at the bootloader. I can even use the terminal during installation and see the files on the SSD drive. The partition map is even set up correctly.

The Sierra installation in clover when I boot from the Legacy USB stick. I only see "Boot from EFI" and "Boot Mac OSX from USB" which takes me to the Sierra installation over and over again.
In config.plist of the Clover on the USB is the Scan Legacy flag set to true?

It is set to false. Should it be true?
Yes. Scan Legacy needs to be true on Legacy builds or the legacy boot loader icon will not show up in the available options on the Clover boot screen.

Yes. Scan Legacy needs to be true on Legacy builds or the legacy boot loader icon will not show up in the available options on the Clover boot screen.
Thank you. I'll modify it and try that. Why wouldn't it be set if I chose "legacy" in Unibeast?

To be clear, I need to add under "Boot" in config.plist:
Legacy
PBR
Which the proper code, of course. Is that right?

Best to open config.plist in Clover Configurator (download and Install from http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/)
  • After launching CC mount your System disk's EFI by clicking "Mount EFI" from left panel of CC window>"Mount EFI"
  • "Check Partition" button at the bottom to verify your System Disk selection to Mount its EFI [If you have more disks attached to your Motherboard you need to get the real target]
  • Your Pass word required to proceed
  • Click then "Mount EFI partition" from bottom Right of CC window.
  • Locate "EFI" on desktop now
  • Click EFI>EFI>CLOVER>config.plist and RT click "Open with"... "Clover Configurator" NOT any other default editor
  • Click "Gui" menu from left panel
  • Check [ ] Legacy [toward top of the window among the crowded option check boxes]
  • Save the edited config.plist at its original location EFI>CLOVER >Config. plist replacing the previous unedited one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back