Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Pegatron Memphis-S (Stock)
CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
Nvidia 750TI OC
Hi guys,

I upgraded my hackintosh from El Capitan to Sierra using the general install way. I need to re-install the Nvidia drivers which i have done however they wont take effect until the system restarts.

Unfortunately, mac wont restart or shutdown. It just gets stuck on the shutdown "loading" icon.

Do you have any ideas?

Hi guys,

I upgraded my hackintosh from El Capitan to Sierra using the general install way. I need to re-install the Nvidia drivers which i have done however they wont take effect until the system restarts.

First time after installation of web driver you should have to restart OSX for taking effect.

Please post your config.plist if you have any other issues.

Unfortunately, mac wont restart or shutdown. It just gets stuck on the shutdown "loading" icon.

Do you have any ideas?

Try shutdown with below command on Terminal.app

Code:
shutdown -h now

If that is making your OS X down, then boot in verbose mode and try shutdown from GUI. So that you can see steps of shutdown in text.

If the above command not making your OS X down, then enable FixShutdown_0004 DSDT Fix on your clover's config.plist. Then reboot your OS X and try shutdown again.

Also update your build's hardware details under Personal Details section in the below format (Link is available on the upper right side of this website). Without knowing the exact hardware details, no one can point you to the right direction.

System : Motherboard + BIOS Version + Bootloader (Clover Legacy/Clover UEFI/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU : Detailed CPU Model
Graphics : All Graphics Devices

For Example,
System : GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 Rev:1.0 (BIOS: F6) (CLOVER UEFI)
CPU : Intel® Core™ i7-6700
Graphics : Gigabyte GTX 970 WINDFORCE / Intel® HD Graphics 530

Last edited:
Hey, I'm having a similar issue on my system, I can't reboot or shutdown, but I found that the problem may be on the Graphics. If I bootup with nv_disable=1 arg the system can reboot successfully, but without this arg it freezes after selecting reboot/shutdown on a black screen w or w/o cursor on the screen (it may vary). Does anyone know what could solve this? I already installed Nvidia web drivers with no lucky.

System : ECS G41M-T7 + Clover Legacy + macOS Sierra 10.12.5
CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2,93GHz
Graphics : nVidia GT 610 1024mb

If I bootup with nv_disable=1 arg the system can reboot successfully, but without this arg it freezes after selecting reboot/shutdown on a black screen w or w/o cursor on the screen (it may vary).
I’m seeing the same bug on a build for a friend with these specs:
Sierra 10.12.6
Ga-H55m-s2h
Clover legacy (award BIOS)
i5 3.2ghz
GT610 2gb GPU

Did you find a workaround for your build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back