Graphics
Nvidia GTX 950
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

My mac Sierra was works a few days ago, I've been working on the computer for months and everything is good but suddenly can't boot.
When I saw that there was an update for Sierra I thought I should do an update but the problem was not resolved !
There are some things that I did and did not help like : nv_disable=1 / change things in BIOS / update Clover / all flags! / And also other things to much :banghead:

note that :
I make a new USB for new Sierra 10.12.4 update but was installed in the same SSD so and also did not solve the problem ,The installation is done but then when i boot my SSD stuck apple logo.
when i flag -v in clover it hangs on the "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState"

Hardware:
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k
Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87X-OC Force
RAM: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Nvidia GTX 950

anyone can help me?
and I'm sorry for my english.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
This is my first post, delay in reply and sometimes not really help?
Well, let anyone who can help me I want to continue my work quickly :(

Hi, I have the same issue as you. My PC is a i3 with a AMD7790 GPU and used to have El Capitan working on it and i decided on having an update to Sierra.

I've created the USB bootable disk with the latest version of Sierra, Unibeast and Multibeast. In Unibest I chose to Inject ATI. The installation worked fine, and when the PC boots to the SSD with Sierra in shows "No Signal" if I connect with HDMI, or if I connect with VGA then it stays stuck about half way of booting to Sierra. I've tried every boot flag, and also deselected the InjectATI but with no success.

The only way I could get into the Sierra was to disable the GPU from BIOS and run on the iGPU. Tried installing the Multibeast drivers for ATI and getting back on the main GPU but also did not work.

I don't know what to try next... maybe someone with experience can help us.

I've uploaded my screen of where the boooting stops.

Attachments

• IMG_1068.JPG
    IMG_1068.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 129
There are some indications that this problem may be caused by Clover r4063, try another version.
Boot with your USB installer, choose your hard drive to boot from and when you get to the desktop replace the /EFI folder in your EFI partition with the /EFI folder from a backup in /EFI-Backups on your system disk.

There are some indications that this problem may be caused by Clover r4063, try another version.
Boot with your USB installer, choose your hard drive to boot from and when you get to the desktop replace the /EFI folder in your EFI partition with the /EFI folder from a backup in /EFI-Backups on your system disk.
I have already changed Clover version more then ones nothing has changed !

but as for the backup, do you mean to copy now or after use UniBeast on another computer and creat new bootable USB?

Hi, I have the same issue as you. My PC is a i3 with a AMD7790 GPU and used to have El Capitan working on it and i decided on having an update to Sierra.

I've created the USB bootable disk with the latest version of Sierra, Unibeast and Multibeast. In Unibest I chose to Inject ATI. The installation worked fine, and when the PC boots to the SSD with Sierra in shows "No Signal" if I connect with HDMI, or if I connect with VGA then it stays stuck about half way of booting to Sierra. I've tried every boot flag, and also deselected the InjectATI but with no success.

The only way I could get into the Sierra was to disable the GPU from BIOS and run on the iGPU. Tried installing the Multibeast drivers for ATI and getting back on the main GPU but also did not work.

I don't know what to try next... maybe someone with experience can help us.

I've uploaded my screen of where the boooting stops.
My problem was not with HDMI or GPU everything was working good but i switch OFF my computer after 2 days i switch ON i got this problem with the system.

Look @P1LGRIM what he said maybe thats solve your problem.

Thank you for the quick reply. I've booted sierra by disabling the GPU. My efi-backups folder on the USB is empty. And I Found a efi-backups folder on the osx drive. Didn't understand exactly what to replace.

I have changed clover version , you talking about EFI and desktop!
I cant see the desktop anymore after boot or after install , because i cant boot!

Just can i see the EFI folder in another computer from USB

when i flag -v in clover it hangs on the "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState".

I've booted sierra by disabling the GPU.
Good plan.

My efi-backups folder on the USB is empty.
Why would you expect it to be anything else ?

I Found a efi-backups folder on the osx drive. Didn't understand exactly what to replace.
Inside /EFI-Backups are a number of folders corresponding to the version of Clover that was installed.
Inside these folders are sub-folders named with the date and time that the backup was made.
Inside the dated folders is a folder called /EFI.
Replace the /EFI folder on the EFI partition of your hard drive with the /EFI folder from the backup of your choice.

EFI.png

I've just checked, the Clover version which is installed with Unibeast is r4045. I think i will install the latest version r4061 (sourceforge) on the bootable USB, and reinstall Sierra. maybe it will boot directly with my GPU. I will try it in a few hours when I get home.

Thanks again.

Good plan.

Why would you expect it to be anything else ?

Inside /EFI-Backups are a number of folders corresponding to the version of Clover that was installed.
Inside these folders are sub-folders named with the date and time that the backup was made.
Inside the dated folders is a folder called /EFI.
Replace the /EFI folder on the EFI partition of your hard drive with the /EFI folder from the backup of your choice.

View attachment 253251

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back