Intel NUC 5i5MYHE
CPU
Ci5-5300U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook
Hi All,

I am trying to install Mac OS on my NUC, tried both with El Capitan and Sierra but getting the same behaviour: either the "no enter" sign or a direct reboot. I set the BIOS options as indicated in another thread for the Intel NUC but it doesn't help. I tried activating the Clover verbose switch, but it reboots after getting a bunch of "+" signs.

I'd appreciate if anyone could help!

Thanks much
Marco

Hi All,

I am trying to install Mac OS on my NUC, tried both with El Capitan and Sierra but getting the same behaviour: either the "no enter" sign or a direct reboot. I set the BIOS options as indicated in another thread for the Intel NUC but it doesn't help. I tried activating the Clover verbose switch, but it reboots after getting a bunch of "+" signs.

I'd appreciate if anyone could help!

Thanks much
Marco

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...clover-uefi-nuc5i5mhye-nuc5i3myhe-etc.209386/

Thanks much RehabMan, I managed to install Sierra on the NUC! I used Unibeast to prepare the USB though, as I was used to the process. Two questions:

1) Graphics performance seems to be low, moving windows around is not smooth and hovering over the tabs in safari is actually corrupting them. Any idea why this is happening? I was hoping this to be fixed by the post-install process.
2) After going through the post-install as per the instructions, I cannot boot directly from the SSD anymore. I get to a menu launching a clover shell only. If I boot from the USB key then I can choose to boot from HFS, it then starts correctly. Any hint?

Many thanks for the great guides and support!

Thanks much RehabMan, I managed to install Sierra on the NUC! I used Unibeast to prepare the USB though, as I was used to the process. Two questions:

1) Graphics performance seems to be low, moving windows around is not smooth and hovering over the tabs in safari is actually corrupting them. Any idea why this is happening? I was hoping this to be fixed by the post-install process.
2) After going through the post-install as per the instructions, I cannot boot directly from the SSD anymore. I get to a menu launching a clover shell only. If I boot from the USB key then I can choose to boot from HFS, it then starts correctly. Any hint?

My hackintosh(HD4600) also seems not as smooth and responsive as a real mac is.

I managed to fix the graphics issue by editing config.plist adding "inject intel" and 0x19160000 as ig-platform-id. However I still cannot boot into Sierra from the HDD directly, but have to boot from the USB key I created with Unibeast.

This is what it boots into from HDD:

IMG_8490.JPG

Would be great if someone found a solution for this. thanks!

Last edited:

Read guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting". Reply in the guide thread.

I managed to fix the graphics issue by editing config.plist adding "inject intel" and 0x19160000 as ig-platform-id. However I still cannot boot into Sierra from the HDD directly, but have to boot from the USB key I created with Unibeast.

This is what it boots into from HDD:

View attachment 244002
Would be great if someone found a solution for this. thanks!

You did not follow the guide... that much is obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back