Contribute
Register

Sierra 2 monitors issue with black screen after Apple logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same issue here.
Asus z170-A, 6600k, Asus STRIX GTX970, dell 2715h on DP, sony 40hx853 on hdmi, sys def is imac 17,1. Tried ssdt injection for gfx1 and a lot of different things, still can't boot with 2 monitors connected. I refuse to enable CSM since it makes my asus board to show all POST info on the TV which i usually have switched off. Can boot no problem with only DELL connected.

I just buy a new DELL U2715H for my hackintos.
Use Mini-DP to DP cable. The first time I plug-in macOS Sierra (10.12.6) is fine.
Then I build USB installer macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 -> install and play very well.
Suddenly, black screen after Apple boot logo, but the PC still running. So strange, and I tried all the solution I found on internet without luck.
After all tried. I juct realize/remember that I have enabled Dispaly Port 1.2 on me new DELL U2715H.
Fly back to my PC and disable DP 1.2.
Turn on my PC. WOW WOW WOW. Everything is perfect.
Look like macOS not work with DP1.2.
You should try to disable DP1.2 on your monitor and check what happen.
Hope this help all of you.

I concur, its the Display Port, under El Capitan it works, but under Sierra and High Sierra when I have my Display Port connected, I get black screen while booting up. I switched to HDMI, but HDMI has a slight almost unnoticeable lag. So after boot, I switch back to Display Port. While booting back up I use HDMI then switch back to Display port. I'll check if I can disable DP 1.2, but If I disable can I still use my Display Port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back