Contribute
Register

Sierra 2 monitors issue with black screen after Apple logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this sounds weird, but try turning on CSM support if you have that off. Fixed my problem DP + DVI.

Also set every possible value to UEFI only.

Can confirm this works but prevents Windows to load from clover menu
Huh? Weird, on my system I can still boot Windows 10 just fine from Clover.

Huh? Weird, on my system I can still boot Windows 10 just fine from Clover.

Which system definition are you using?

Hi guys, hoping for some insight, I have el cap running smoothly on one disk and decided to install sierra to the other disk to see how things went. My issue is that using the internal 530, I can't get dual monitors to work in Sierra.

Setup is 530 GPU, HDMI + DVI

El cap works with the 530 patches (inject intel, ig-platform-id, 4 port patch, two patches to change the connector type). I boot with the DVI monitor turned off, and when I get to the desktop, I turn on the DVI monitor and enjoy dual monitors from there on out. I am using the MacPro 6,1 SMBIOS so I also have to apply the AGDPFix.app fix.

I installed Sierra and it boots fine on either the DVI monitor or the HDMI monitor (I'll describe dual monitor in a sec). Same fixes/patches as for el cap plus I added the Skylake Sierra 530 fixes that remove the glitch in the upper left corner. IOReg reports same ports/port numbers/connector types. I also have the rename GFX0 to IGPU patch.

Now the behavior: if I boot with either single monitor, it works fine. If I then turn on the second monitor, BOTH monitors go dark, and never turn back on, in fact, the system appears to freeze because if I select "restart" then turn on the second monitor, the system never restarts (restart starts a 60 second timer that apparently never counts down).

If I have both monitors turned on at boot, about halfway through the boot cycle, the DVI monitor turns off, and a minute or so after reaching the desktop on the other monitor, the system hangs. "about this mac" always reports the right info and vram.

Is this a smbios thing? change to iMac 13,2? Thanks for your help.

So I just installed a GTX 960 in my system last night and I'm using the DVI and HDMI on my card and it was working perfectly last night then I got on this morning and did a restart and it seems that all the sudden my system does not like the HDMI signal the first boot screen shows up but then once it boots up into OSX the HDMI monitor isn't recognized. But I can unplug it and plug the DVI in and it shows up! Any thoughts?

guys, are you soffering with wakes from sleep issue?
my hack goes in black screen after waking it from sleep, even using darkwake=0 and then I got bios screen with "cpu overclock failed".
ps I'm not using overclock, I'm using default values for cpu

edit:
solved thanks to pastry chef.
it was apple rtc value missing in clover config.plist

Last edited:
any update? csm solution doesn't work with my rig.
I'm on 10.12.3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back