Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a odd problem. I installed MacOS Sierra from El Capitan latest Clover but now the only way to boot to desktop after Apple logo is to unplug one of my monitors from a fresh reboot.

The second monitor will work if I plug it in after desktop shows

iMac 14,2 smbios
Nvidia drivers also latest.
Graphics GTX 970
Monitor 1 - DVI
Monitor 2 - Display Port

Last edited:
I have a odd problem. I installed MacOS Sierra from El Capitan latest Clover but now the only way to boot to desktop after Apple logo is to unplug one of my monitors from a fresh reboot.

iMac 14,2 smbios
Graphics GTX 970
Monitor 1 - DVI
Monitor 2 - Display Port

I'm having the same problem.

Likewise, I have exactly the same issue.
It looks like it's because macOS has trouble with DisplayPort.
What's working for me at the moment is just to turn off my DisplayPort monitor then turn it back on after the Clover screen.
As long as the Clover screen and subsequently the Apple Logo is on my DVI monitor, then it works great.

I also cannot wake from sleep, I just get no signal on the DisplayPort monitor, and I haven't found a solution for that.

What's weird though, is that it worked for 3-4 boots and then stopped working. Using the -v flag I sometimes can boot with the NvidiaWeb Drivers, or I could boot with nv_disable=1 but of course only one monitor with low resolution.

also iMac 14,2
GTX 960
Nvidia Web Driver 367.15.10.05f01
2 4k Monitors both using DisplayPort 1.2

Will keep tinkering to find a solution. Please keep us posted if you make any progress!

Good Luck!

iMac 14,2 smbios
Graphics GTX 970
Monitor 1 - DVI
Monitor 2 - Display Port
This is strange because I had the same issue but with iMac 12.2 SMBIOS. With 14.2 it boots without issues.

What's weird though, is that it worked for 3-4 boots and then stopped working. Using the -v flag I sometimes can boot with the NvidiaWeb Drivers, or I could boot with nv_disable=1 but of course only one monitor with low resolution.

also iMac 14,2
GTX 960
Nvidia Web Driver 367.15.10.05f01
2 4k Monitors both using DisplayPort 1.2

Will keep tinkering to find a solution. Please keep us posted if you make any progress!

Good Luck!

Well, I found a very weird, but easy workaround. Keep in mind I wanted to use two DP Monitors but after half of the boot the screen went black.

Now to the workaround:

1. I have connected both displays via DP as I normally would have
2. I also connected one of the displays via HDMI
3. Now, I can boot normally, and at the login screen I just switch the Monitor with both cables from HDMI input to DP

Of course this is not perfect, as there are now "three" Monitors connected and I have one extra Desktop which I can't see.
I will have to see how practical this workaround is. I could also unplug the HDMI cable after boot, but this seems even weirder.

It seems that there is a problem with DP and the Web Driver.

This is strange because I had the same issue but with iMac 12.2 SMBIOS. With 14.2 it boots without issues.

Common problem in 10.12. Use iMac 13,2 to solve black screen.

Common problem in 10.12. Use iMac 13,2 to solve black screen.

This unfortunately does not work for me :(
I also tried MacPro6,2 and that didn't work either.

hi guys. any news? I'm using this configuration connected to my 980 ti with 10.12.1:
1 display port connected to my 4k monitor
1 hdmi connected to my Yamaha receiver (for hdmi audio)

the issue is that when I turn on my epson projector, connected also to my Yamaha receiver, I have black screen on both (monitor and projector) and I have to force reboot my hack.

if I want both working, I have to turn on epson projector before turning on my hackintosh

Hi, I've to the same setup? I'm also using this configuration connected to my 980 with 10.12.1:
1 display port connected to my 4k monitor (Samsung)
1 hdmi connected to my Yamaha receiver (for hdmi audio and Beamer)

a) When booting up, I need to have the receiver off so I can see what im booting up unless I have the beamer on.

b) Receiver and beamer active, starting boot, slim chance that the screen is black after apple logo. (unable to use keyboard to reboot, or use other screen. It's like the Graphic card is turned off and the system froze. Does not except my restart commands, but the cap locks key turns off and on.)

c) Receiver, beamer, and monitor active, starting boot; I have slim chance both screens are black.

d) Monitor is active, booting, after boot I turn on the receiver, now when i activate my beamer I have a slim chance that I go into the login screen or the black screen.

e) Monitor active, booting, afterwards I turn on the receiver. 100% OK, never had any problems.

f) Monitor and receiver active during boot, no problems.

on my Asus Z170 deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back