i7 10700K
Graphics
RTX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

So I'm updating my process.. I've got a panic that I cannot debug, first time ever I can't seem to understand the error and some weird (forbidden) sign shows up instead of classic Apple logo panic.

22050774_10214674025869606_1335100304_o.jpg

22015261_10214674025829605_425747310_o.jpg

BIOS Setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-with-kabylake-processor.218494/#post-1471218

POST-INSTALATION:
My steps were: Installing Sierra from USB, once installed and system booted I did:

1. Opened MultiBeast, loaded UEFI mode, and checked:
  • Drivers > Audio
    • ALC1220
    • 100/200 Series Audio
  • Drivers > Network
    • IntelMausiEthernet v2.3.0
  • Drivers > USB
    • Increase Max Port Limit 200 Series
  • Bootloaders
    • Clover v2.4k r4173 UEFI Boot Mode
  • Customize > Graphics Configuration
    • NVIDIA Web Drivers Boot Flag
  • Build
Once finished installing, I opened WebDriver-378.05.05.25f01 (latest NVIDIA for 10.12.6) and installed it and then I restarted, and this panic showed up.

I've even tried with flag nv_disable=1 but nothing helps, IDK what shall I do..

Thanks guys!

Try more options from the clover boot menu about your graphic card or use the onboard.

You missed very important parts :

First you may install clover with NVRAM support (you have the option in the last multibeast)
2nd, you need to install web driver that way (VERY IMPORTANT : CSRACTIVECONFIG MUST BE SET TO 0x67)

BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - Set PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
May need to update Clover
Install web drivers
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Config.plist - Disable SIP fully - CsrActiveConfig 0x67

Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
May need to emulate native NVRAM - Problem 6
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist

May need to install Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to /Library/Extensions

Potential Problems :
HDMI 2.0 is not supported - Use HDMI 1.4
If your graphics card has more than one output of the type that you are using then try another one.
Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition

First off - Thanks for the reply.

I've tried switching options on and off but I always get this screen:
22047535_10214674601523997_951696060_o.jpg

I even tried with different flags and nothing, even put the Initial Graphics to IGFX but nothing..

@CrashMidnick - Thanks for the detailed input, I will try to follow every part you've mentioned, one thing in BIOS that I don't get. Should I put the Initial Graphics Output to PCIe 1 Slot? (options: IGFX, PCIe 1 Slot, PCIe 2 Slot, PCIe 3 Slot).

Cheers

@CrashMidnick - Thanks for the detailed input, I will try to follow every part you've mentioned, one thing in BIOS that I don't get. Should I put the Initial Graphics Output to PCIe 1 Slot? (options: IGFX, PCI

Sorry I do not have those options, I can only choose from PEG Or iGPU or both, it auto detects the PCI slots.
So DISABLE IGFX, SET PEG (PCI for your GTX) ONLY.

Hey @CrashMidnick - Still no luck..

Installed the Lilu.kext, NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, disabled SIP, updated Clover, installed web drivers, didn't inject anything, emulated NVRAM, and removed nv_disable=1 from config.plist.. Still the last screenshot happening.. Could it be that I'm installing it on my 250GB SSD EVO 960 NVMe? Since I see Apple NVMe Assert Failed: 0 == (status)...

I have one NVMe 250GB SSD and WD Blue 1TB, IDK if the NVMe is causing problems?

Thanks

I do not knw to be honest, I do not use NVMe HDD.
What I can say is that you have a problem of USB config, maybe retry with High Sierra and restart from fresh.

Even if this thread is fairly old, has the issue somehow been solved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back