Contribute
Register

Sierra 10.12 - NVIDIA Web Drivers no longer functional!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus Gene VIII
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX-780 TI
Put the hackintosh away for a few days during renovations. Today, I started it back up, and the computer no longer boots successfully with Nvidia Web Drivers. The only way i can get to my desktop is by pressing space bar at clover boot screen, and selecting cancel hibernate wake (even though the computer was not hibernating beforehand, remember it was fully unplugged from power outlet for several days). Somehow, this forces loading of OSX default graphics driver.

Upon loading, if i choose to the Web Drivers from the Nvidia Prefernce Pane, it prompts me to reboot, so i know it is not loading properly (also the resolution is different):

Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 9.18.50 AM.png

Went into clover configurator:

Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 9.18.10 AM.png

checked nvda_drv=1 so that i would load NVIDIA web drivers from boot args. Again, same issue. Gets to Apple loading screen, bar shows up, and about 1/3 of the way through i get the black screen. The thing is, everything was working totally fine a week ago.

Before I try restoring everything from a back-up, does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do from here?

side note: I also have this parameter added to config.plist for NVIDIA web drivers, and this was what previously forced loading of them over OSX NVIDIA drivers (as I understand it - could be mistaken). I left this condition when I tried with nvda_drv = 1.

Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 9.21.36 AM.png

EDIT: Just found this, should be displaying NVIDIA GTX 780 but instead:

Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 9.25.54 AM.png

Now, from the NVIDIA WEB DRIVERS troubleshooting thread i know a lack of recognised NVRAM will cause this "default boot with osx drivers" situation. To that end, i installed their clover program (not clover configurator, the other one where you install emuvariable-64 or something) to fix the VRAM issue. It worked fine last week, but now this is showing as such?

Is it safe just to reinstall the EMUVARIABLE 64 and see if that works?

Last edited:
Yes, but this time install EmuVariableUefi-64 + RC Scripts

Why RC Scripts, especially if I didnt need it before? What do you think could've uninstalled EmuVariableUEFI-64 such that I would need to reinstall it now?

Would you recommend keeping the boot arg nvda_drv=1 and using it instead of the systemparameter NVIDA WEB DRIVERS = true?

Yes, but this time install EmuVariableUefi-64 + RC Scripts

I finally got my GTX 970 running on Sierra (i7 7700k, Z270 ASUS TUF Mark 2 mono) by installing this driver.

First,
The 100 series boards require Emu and sometimes RC as well. Period.
Second
Clover Config and or Multibeast will set up the proper Plist command for the Web Driver. (using Sierra not High Sierra.)
Do a search for how to install New Nvidia Web drivers on this site and only use the commands noted in that post.
Third if you did latest security update for 12.6 you will not be able to get Web driver to work as it is not compatible without using a temporary loading hack till it is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back