Contribute
Register

Sierra 10.12.6 SUCCESS! HP 8000 CMT - C2D E8400 - Asus GeForce 210

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you put the hardware you are installing on into your user profile. Will help us to know exactly what CPU and graphics card you are using. https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/personal-details

That screen should not come up unless you have Sierra already on the hard drive. Did you completely wipe the drive in disk utility and format it properly first ? You need to be selecting your partitioned hard drive at the screen before this not the USB drive.

Drives are totally blank. Tried wiping in disk utility. I do not get the option to select the drive. It boots to the language select screen then immediately to this. I can access disk utility and the drives show up. No further options are available other than the ones available in the menu bar.

Would you put the hardware you are installing on into your user profile. Will help us to know exactly what CPU and graphics card you are using. https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/personal-details

That screen should not come up unless you have Sierra already on the hard drive. Did you completely wipe the drive in disk utility and format it properly first ? You need to be selecting your partitioned hard drive at the screen before this not the USB drive.

Only thing I have not done is downgrade bios from 1.14 to 1.13 could this be the cause ?

Drives are totally blank. Tried wiping in disk utility. I do not get the option to select the drive. It boots to the language select screen then immediately to this. I can access disk utility and the drives show up. No further options are available other than the ones available in the menu bar.
If you are using High Sierra you need to select the "View" option in the upper left corner of Disk Utility then you can see the drive. Highlight it and then format HFS+ (macOS Ext. Journaled) and GUID partition scheme. If using Sierra then your drives should be visible without adjusting the sidebar view.

Screen Shot 3.jpg Screen Shot 7.jpg
I'm not sure if your Quadro GPU is compatible with Sierra. Do some research on that. A low cost option that is fully supported is the GT710.

Last edited:
Only thing I have not done is downgrade bios from 1.14 to 1.13 could this be the cause ?
If the downgrade has not been done it should not be any problem. I used 1.13 with older versions of macOS and it worked well.
No reason that 1.14 won't work.

If you have an adapter, Sata to USB 3.0 you could connect your 2.5" or SSD drive to the Macbook and then format it via Disk Utility on your Mac. They sell for about 10 dollars on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011M8YACM/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
If using a 3.5" mechanical drive supplemental power is needed. USB doesn't provide enough.

Last edited:
If you have an adapter, Sata to USB 3.0 you could connect your 2.5" or SSD drive to the Macbook and then format it via Disk Utility on your Mac. They sell for about 10 dollars on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011M8YACM/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
If using a 3.5" mechanical drive supplemental power is needed. USB doesn't provide enough.

Thanks for the reply what I meant was the drives are fine. Iv formatted them using disk utility and they are detected. Even after formatting the drives the installer still says that it’s installed and won’t go any further makes no difference. Could it be a issue with the installer or the smbios i edited.

I also used a later version of Enoch as embedded packages was not an option in the one recommended in the original guide could that be a problem. Do I need to select any patches when I search it as by ticking it it installs Haswell kext etc and I don’t have that

Also if I installed El Capitan could I just upgrade it ?

It’s odd how it says it’s already installed.

Last edited:
I also used a later version of Enoch
This site does not support the Enoch boot loader.

The Rules said:
Any posts referencing unapproved installation software, methods, or websites will be deleted. Approved installation methods are as follows: iBoot, UniBeast or createmedia

This site does not support the Enoch boot loader.

Ok thanks tried with Unibeast and it just kernel panicked on the installer

Ok thanks tried with Unibeast and it just kernel panicked on the installer
The kinds of problems you are experiencing with Sierra and the HP 8000 are nothing new. It's the reason why I wrote the extensive and detailed HP Elite 8300 guide. It works really well with Sierra and High Sierra, probably the easiest install of macOS ever. Not even a single boot flag is needed. Everything works within a couple of hours after you begin the install. Since you already have the 8000 SFF case you could simply buy the 8300 motherboard and an Ivy Bridge CPU for about 50 dollars. Your ram may or may not work with that newer board but you could easily get some DDR3-1600 ram on various websites. Then you are mostly guranteed a working hackintosh that you won't have to spend days or weeks trying to get it to work. As I mentioned before your Quadro graphics card should be replaced by something more compatible like a GT 210 or GT 710 that should also make things go more smoothly with Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back