Contribute
Register

Sierra 10.12.6 SUCCESS! HP 8000 CMT - C2D E8400 - Asus GeForce 210

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw my system had been used in the @trs96 EZ HP8000 Thread and updated to El Capitan in the @VioletDragon Thread here
Great David,
So what will we need to follow now? If VoiletDragon's Guide then he mentioned and made files working only for Sapphire's AMD Graphics, what should I do here? [I have Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GT 630 1 GB]

Cheers Mohammad.

Great David,
So what will we need to follow now? If VoiletDragon's Guide then he mentioned and made files working only for Sapphire's AMD Graphics, what should I do here? [I have Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GT 630 1 GB]

Cheers Mohammad.
I believe that's the same process as for my card graphicsEnabler=Yes and then install nvidea web drivers from download section let me know if you have issues
David

I believe that's the same process as for my card graphicsEnabler=Yes and then install nvidea web drivers from download section let me know if you have issues
David
You could also try nv_disable=1 as a bootflag and then install the web drivers

Hi @budgetbuild, I googled for Hackintosh with GeForce 210 and this thread was the most recent one, I've installed Sierra in an old Dell computer with a 210 and while the card itself works I haven't managed to get video hardware acceleration working in neither mpv nor Google Chrome and with neither the Apple driver nor the web drivers, so I was wondering if you could maybe check it out in yours, because by now I'm not sure if the card is maybe not supported now with the new VideoToolbox API and everything, but maybe it's only a problem on my side.

Thanks in advance!

Never mind, I fixed it using iMac14,2 SMBIOS.

Last edited:
Hi @budgetbuild, I googled for Hackintosh with GeForce 210 and this thread was the most recent one, I've installed Sierra in an old Dell computer with a 210 and while the card itself works I haven't managed to get video hardware acceleration working in neither mpv nor Google Chrome and with neither the Apple driver nor the web drivers, so I was wondering if you could maybe check it out in yours, because by now I'm not sure if the card is maybe not supported now with the new VideoToolbox API and everything, but maybe it's only a problem on my side.

Thanks in advance!

Never mind, I fixed it using iMac14,2 SMBIOS.
Same smbios as mine

Ok, I managed to install Sierra 10.12.6 on my Elite 8000 SFF as well, CPU E8500, 4Gb DDR3, SSD 160Gb, Nvidia GT1030 2GB. It runs smooth and responsive, a quite usable machine for everyday use. It seems that with Clover it's NOT possible to boot Windows 7 which I have installed on another HD, but Chimera or Enoch they both can boot Win7 on the other disk. Chimera is too old so no way to boot Sierra and Enoch doesn't work very well (shutdown mostly fails, Nvidia Web Driver won't load.....) Did someone of you manage to dual boot Sierra + Windows7 on Elite 8000 with Clover? I'm still wrestling with my config.plist but no go....

I've managed to dual-boot removing Clover and installing Chameleon, still a great bootloader for some machines...
The only thing to complain with Chameleon and Sierra is Nvidia Web Driver, not possible (for me) to switch to Web Driver.
Luckily my Nvidia GT730 (Kepler) works fine with native OS X 10.12.6 drivers:thumbup:

Hi I couldn’t get El Capitan to install so going straight to this. Can you tell me what you mean by the smbios and where do I get it. Many thanks.

Hi I couldn’t get El Capitan to install so going straight to this. Can you tell me what you mean by the smbios and where do I get it. Many thanks.
It's the same thing as saying System Definition. Use iMac 14,2 which identifies your PC as a late 2013 iMac computer. That seems to work the best for this hardware. Follow the guide in post #1. SMBIOS Required Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back