Contribute
Register

Sierra 10.12.6 SUCCESS! HP 8000 CMT - C2D E8400 - Asus GeForce 210

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the same thing as saying System Definition. Use iMac 14,2 which identifies your PC as a late 2013 iMac computer. That seems to work the best for this hardware. Follow the guide in post #1. SMBIOS Required Settings

Thanks my question is more really how do I create one from scratch. I have nothing currently installed on my Hp but to create a installer I need smbios.plist. How do I create one to add to the usb if that makes sense. I do have access to another proper MacBook

Thanks for your help

You need to use your Macbook to download Sierra from the mac app store, then make the installer as directed in the guide in post #1.. Titled Creating the USB Installer

Last edited:
You need to use your Macbook to download Sierra from the mac app store, then make the installer as directed in the guide in post #1.. Titled Creating the USB Installer

Thanks I’m fine with making the installer but it’s says to add smbios to the usb installer. Where do I get the copy of this or how do I create it. That’s where I’m getting a bit stuck. Thanks for keep getting back to me.

Thanks I’m fine with making the installer but it’s says to add smbios to the usb installer. Where do I get the copy of this or how do I create it. That’s where I’m getting a bit stuck. Thanks for keep getting back to me.
It's just an entry in the config.plist you don't "get a copy" of it from somewhere. You'll need to ask the author of this thread to make this step more clear to you. I can see from his guide that he may be mixing up terms, calling a config.plist an smbios.plist instead.

I can see from his guide that he may be mixing up terms, calling a config.plist an smbios.plist instead.
It is quite acceptable to have your SMBIOS information in a separate smbios.plist which will override any information in the config.plist making it easier to test different system definitions without changing the config.plist.
I have seen @RehabMan mention that he favours this method in his builds.

You can open the .plist with an editor like TextWrangler, free from the App Store. Find the entry for your system definition and change it to 14,2 as suggested in the guide. I don't think you need much more than that for the USB installer. Again, you should be asking the author of this guide, @budgetbuild. It looks as though he hasn't been seen here since last September, 2017. It would be helpful to you and other readers if he attached a working example of the smbios.plist that is mentioned in the guide.

Last edited:
You can open the .plist with an editor like TextWrangler, free from the App Store. Find the entry for your system definition and change it to 14,2 as suggested in the guide. I don't think you need much more than that for the USB installer. Again, you should be asking the author of this guide, @budgetbuild. It looks as though he hasn't been seen here since last September, 2017. It would be helpful to you and other readers if he attached a working example of the smbios.plist that is mentioned in the guide.

Thanks for all the help its greatly appreciated. I have now finally got the installer working however when I use it it boots to the installer from the usb but says Sierra is already installed and won't let me go any further. Any ideas on this one head against a wall time

Thanks for all the help its greatly appreciated. I have now finally got the installer working however when I use it it boots to the installer from the usb but says Sierra is already installed and won't let me go any further. Any ideas on this one head against a wall time
Take a pic of the screen where you are seeing this message and post it here. Use the upload a file tab.

Take a pic of the screen where you are seeing this message and post it here. Use the upload a file tab.

Thanks for taking the time. I boot to the installer select the language then get the screen below.

For some strange reason the thumbnail displays upside down but shows correctly if clicked.

5407F829-3B0D-4468-9E6A-C3850D705242.jpeg

Would you put the hardware you are installing on into your user profile. Will help us to know exactly what CPU and graphics card you are using. https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/personal-details

That screen should not come up unless you have Sierra already on the hard drive. Did you completely wipe the drive in disk utility and format it properly first ? You need to be selecting your partitioned hard drive at the screen before this not the USB drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back