Intel Core i7 4790K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I hope someone can help.

While having 10.12.4 and Windows 10 on the same SSD, I was able to run Windows using Parallels. After 10.12.5 came out, I installed Windows 10 on another drive, but now Parallels wont see the installation.
Back in 10.12.4, Parallels would use Clover to boot Windows. Should I wipe the Windows drive, and create a small partition just to install Clover there? Would this work?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance

Hey guys, I hope someone can help.

While having 10.12.4 and Windows 10 on the same SSD, I was able to run Windows using Parallels. After 10.12.5 came out, I installed Windows 10 on another drive, but now Parallels wont see the installation.
Back in 10.12.4, Parallels would use Clover to boot Windows. Should I wipe the Windows drive, and create a small partition just to install Clover there? Would this work?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance
When you have "CLOVER EFI Bootloader" you don't really need any other bootloaders or Virtualization software to multi-boot all 3 major OSes, Windows, Linux and Mac especially from separate Disks.
I have been running Sierra 10.12.5 Beta+ Windows 10+ Ubuntu 17.04 from 3 SATA HDDs from 3 separate disks for sometime now . To access and edit files between the systems (read & Write) I use Paragon software (HFS+ NTFS extFS drivers). Check Moderator GoingBald's excellent Multiboot Guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-uefi-on-separate-drives.198869/

When you have "CLOVER EFI Bootloader" you don't really need any other bootloaders or Virtualization software to multi-boot all 3 major OSes, Windows, Linux and Mac especially from separate Disks.
I have been running Sierra 10.12.5 Beta+ Windows 10+ Ubuntu 17.04 from 3 SATA HDDs from 3 separate disks for sometime now . To access and edit files between the systems (read & Write) I use Paragon software (HFS+ NTFS extFS drivers). Check Moderator GoingBald's excellent Multiboot Guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-uefi-on-separate-drives.198869/
Thanks for the link man! I was thinking of giving Ubuntu a try. But I think I didn't explain myself well. I can dual boot Windows and macOS with Clover with no problems. What im trying to achieve is: while running Sierra, been able to run Windows 10 at the same time using Parallels. The purpose of this is, I would like to avoid having to reboot into Windows except for gaming. I was able to do this with Sierra and Windows installed on the same drive. But now that Sierra and Clover are in one drive, and Windows on a separate one, Parallels won't recognize the Windows installation.
I will definitely look into GoingBald's guide. Thanks for replying cmn699

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back