Contribute
Register

Sierra 10.12.5 on GA-Z97X-UD3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTH, I did the same thing and still GENERIC AHCI Controller...What would stop this? Should I boot with rootless=0 then try it again?

what is your bios setting for XHCI? And you can upload me your config.plist and I compare it to mine

Okay I figured out the problem and I am guessing its a "cosmetic" problem. I am using the HighPoint RocketRaid 640l. So I installed the Intel Generic AHCI SATA" kext then shut down, took out the RocketRaid card and rebooted into my External USB HDD. Worked fine and shows Intel 9...

Shut down, reinstalled RocketRaid 640l card, rebooted and boom its back to Generic AHCI Controller. I also already installed the RocketRaid drivers from highpoint's website so I don't know what would cause this. Now that I know this I am okay with this because I now know its only a cosmetic issues.

Thanks for the help.

So is there anybody else using Highpoint RocketRaid 640l on this mobo or another similar mobo that has this same issue? Or if you did how did you fix it?

I will research in the mean time to see what I come up with. I never had this problem before on my Z87X-UD5H mobo with this card, its always worked straight out of the box, always.

Well I have had some success, about 3/4, almost a home run. So, I am thinking its something with the RocketRaid 640l just not wanting to show up in the system info. The Intel 9 works and shows up now. I've tried coping from the info.plist inside the kext drivers of the 640l card into AHCIPortInjector.kext but still same thing. I figure I could copy all the identifiers for this card and it would work but NOPE. Here is what now shows:

https://ibb.co/nqgTVQ

nqgTVQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back