Contribute
Register

Sierra 10.12.5 on GA-Z97X-UD3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I did everything VioletDragon stated to do and still the same thing. I added the lines that was need to the config.plist and then added SSDT-SATA to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. Still same Generic AHCI Controller. I am missing something and cannot figure it out.

if you still ned help let me know. I'm running z97x-ud3h and 4770k myself with an 1070

Yea I could use your help. Do you have the proper aml files I could use?

EDIT:

I did everything like Violet stated but still nothing. I edited my config.plist added what was needed then copied SSDT-SATA to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. Still same thing. I am missing something but I cannot figure out what.

First of all, I have the same system as you do. 4770k / z97x-ud3h, just another graphics card. And I don'T have any problems. The installation Guide works just fine.

Did you try to set the AHCI mode to auto?

Well, is it bad, when the system report is just showing "Generic AHCI Controller"? I didn't realized I've the same :) Didn't noticed it.

Still same Generic AHCI Controller.
Haven't tried this myself, but you might try using Fake ID in your config.plist
Code:
<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
  <key>FakeID</key>
  <dict>
    <key>SATA</key>
    <string>0x8C028086</string>
  </dict>
</dict>

Edit: Use fake ID 8C02 not real one 9C03

Last edited:
Well, is it bad, when the system report is just showing "Generic AHCI Controller"? I didn't realized I've the same :) Didn't noticed it.

Its more of an annoyance than an issue. I don't have any issues except with my USB sometimes now showing the correct port something may be plugged into. But its not a issue but it bugs the crap outta me for some reason...Guess I'm spoiled..

vulgo I will give that a try thanks.

vulgo its still showing the same "Generic AHCI Controller"...

Also with this "Generic AHCI Controller" you cannot enable TRIM, at least I can't...But then again I am using a Highpoint RocketRaid 640/640l setup in Raid 0. I cannot remember if TRIM can be used on a hardware Raid 0 set...

Well stinker

well I just read that it's just an cosmetic change. But now I'm curious too :D Some ppl on here say it slowers your harddrive speeds. I'm gonna install the "Intel Generic AHCI SATA" kext in 10 minutes, I'm gonna let you know if it works for me.

well I just read that it's just an cosmetic change. But now I'm curious too :D Some ppl on here say it slowers your harddrive speeds. I'm gonna install the "Intel Generic AHCI SATA" kext in 10 minutes, I'm gonna let you know if it works for me.

I've tried that but your welcome to install it. This is the one in Multibeast?

With TRIM not enabled wouldn't this cause slower SSD speeds like you stated people are having. I've tested mine and they are maxed on the meter so I don't have slow speeds on mine.

Worked like charm.

Just downloaded the latest version of Multibeast (9.1.0) and installed the kext

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-19 um 23.55.46.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-19 um 23.55.46.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back