Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B150N-WIFI
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700
Graphics
HD630
So I've been searching extensively about everything that might be relevant but I am basically stuck at where I am and cannot solve this problem with my recent hack: it sleeps fine but restarts a few sec after I wake it up, either by pressing pwr button or mice click.

i've attached all the information in the zip file, ioreg, kextstat, clover config, patchmatic extract, system log when booting, etc. would really appreciate if someone can point me to the correct direction.

A bit more about my hack: Gigabyte GA-B150N-PHOENIX + i7-7700 + Intel HD630 + BCM943602BAED NGFF

I would really like to get sleep/wake working with this setup as the machine will need to run 24/7 mostly.. Many thanks in advance!!!!

Attachments

• everything.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 126
When your system restarts, is there any info visible? If it just restarts leaving nothing on screen, then when you are at the clover boot screen, press space and select things like "Don't reboot on panic" and "keep symbols on panic" I don't have experience with reboots after boot, but if it is a kernel panic, i'm sure that a picture of anything that does show after sleep (if it is a kernel panic) would help in knowing what happened. you know if it's a kernel panic if there's lines like "Kernel extensions in backtrace" or "System uptime in nanoseconds". Just my advice.

When your system restarts, is there any info visible? If it just restarts leaving nothing on screen, then when you are at the clover boot screen, press space and select things like "Don't reboot on panic" and "keep symbols on panic" I don't have experience with reboots after boot, but if it is a kernel panic, i'm sure that a picture of anything that does show after sleep (if it is a kernel panic) would help in knowing what happened. you know if it's a kernel panic if there's lines like "Kernel extensions in backtrace" or "System uptime in nanoseconds". Just my advice.

Thanks for your reply. I would try it out later but doubt that was caused by kp, as I didnt see the common "your computer was restarted because of a problem" dialog or similar that often shows after recover from kp. Also I remember there was no obvious trace in the system log during sleep/wake cycle. I will try to attach the log as well, maybe it helps. Meanwhile could it related to incomplete patch of dsdt/ssdt that causes HPET to behave incorrectly? I read about it in a comment by Mr RehabMan.

So I've been searching extensively about everything that might be relevant but I am basically stuck at where I am and cannot solve this problem with my recent hack: it sleeps fine but restarts a few sec after I wake it up, either by pressing pwr button or mice click.

i've attached all the information in the zip file, ioreg, kextstat, clover config, patchmatic extract, system log when booting, etc. would really appreciate if someone can point me to the correct direction.

A bit more about my hack: Gigabyte GA-B150N-PHOENIX + i7-7700 + Intel HD630 + BCM943602BAED NGFF

I would really like to get sleep/wake working with this setup as the machine will need to run 24/7 mostly.. Many thanks in advance!!!!
I'm having the same issue. I've also noticed that when I reboot, my RAM reverts back to 1333 mHz even though it is set to 1600. I have the CMOS reset patch in clover configurator (taking off the patch makes me completely lose all BIOS settings, so I believe the patch is working). Everything was working fine when I was using Clover_v2.3k_r3763. I updated to the latest clover, and am now having these issues. I believe it is clover, as I have a backup of an earlier sierra (10.12.2 or .3 I cant remember), and it is experiencing the same issue.

Last edited:
I just did a test and installed Clover_v2.3k_r3763. Both the ram speed issue and the restart upon wake are fixed, so I recommend that you try that.

I've opened a thread on their forums: https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/discussion/1726372/thread/b8542212/
Maybe others with this issue can post there as well so the developers can try to fix it.
glad it works for you. however i dont have the option of reverting clover because it only supports injection on 10.12.4 starting from r4003.

Same issue here. Is there a solution already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back