Contribute
Register

Sidecar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Simon70
i enable hardware acceleration and sidecar start working.

Installs Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext in /Library/Extensions. Adds the following to Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist: ig-platform-id=0x59120000.

I'm glad to know it...:thumbup:

I have Sidecar working in Haswell, the only thing is that the "streaming" has not a really beautiful quality (I've read that h.265 with HD4600 do not work very well...)

Based on results I've seen and testing, Sidecar requires an SMBIOS with an iGPU enabled. If it's an SMBIOS that has a T2 chip, sidecar will just have a black screen. I've heard that sidecar works on the hackintosh subreddit for iMacPro1,1 and MacPro7,1 but I haven't been able to get it to work. If someone figures it out I'm all ears :)

I have Sidecar working in Haswell, the only thing is that the "streaming" has not a really beautiful quality (I've read that h.265 with HD4600 do not work very well...)
Could you post more details on your config, maybe provide EFI folder? Thanks in advance.

Could you post more details on your config, maybe provide EFI folder? Thanks in advance.

You can use that:
I dont have an Ipad to test but Sidecar pref is avail for my Broadwell laptop by this patch http://dev.zeppel.eu/luca/SidecarCorePatch.git

That is the more stable situation that I found...

My tests:

iMac Pro1,1 do not work (black screen due T2).
iMac 17.X and upper... Work with IGPU enabled, but I cannot use Netflix or Prime video.
Mac Pro 6,1 work with patch without IGPU.

So I changed my configuration to Mac Pro. The only thing is the bad quality streaming "compression" :(

No WhateverGreen (I will try with it).

sidecar has partially worked in my case, with some strange behaviour.. it was not working at the start.. but then, I enabled my internal GPU from auto to enable.. it worked.. by doing so, it actually make my Apple TV app's sound become audible, but not watchable...

anyone has any idea on this ?

So I changed my configuration to Mac Pro. The only thing is the bad quality streaming "compression" :(

What do you use instead of whatevergreen?

You can use that:

That is the more stable situation that I found...

My tests:

iMac Pro1,1 do not work (black screen due T2).
iMac 17.X and upper... Work with IGPU enabled, but I cannot use Netflix or Prime video.
Mac Pro 6,1 work with patch without IGPU.

Hello,
That's the same for me: iMac Pro only shows a black screen, even the pencil is correctly reconized.
The patch works with MacPro 6,1
And I have an old configuration: CPU 4820K (Ivy Bridge) and X79 mobo. Graphic card more recent: RX 570
I think this is the reason why the (relatively) bad streaming connection, the Ivy Bridge CPU cannot decode HEVC properly.

I did a new installation of Catalina, compared to the one I had from tests starting from the first beta.
The procedure I used was this:

1) I cloned my disk with Mojave updated to the latest release of 10.14.6 on another SSD.
2) Through the App Store I asked to get Catalina and after downloading 8.09Gb I asked for the installation.

Everything went smoothly, thanks also to the refinement of the EFI and the configuration made in the beta to try to make everything work.

To my surprise I discovered that with SMBIOS in 19.1 and therefore iGPU activated I have Sidecar working as before and as I expected, but on Safari there are no sites with DRM (Prime video, etc ...), otherwise the system crashes (in the last betas no longer crashed), but the big surprise was to see that with Crome the quality of sites with DRM became the maximum, whereas before it was only in low quality.

So from now, assuming that my PC does not change its mind (but in that case I will update), there are no limitations to using the SMBIOS configuration closer to that provided for my hardware, nor need to go through patches or terminal commands. For those with similar hardware configurations it can be a viable route.

Greetings to all

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back