Status
Not open for further replies.
Sidecar is not working. I get the message "The device timed out"

My SMBIOS is Macpro 6.1
- i7 5960x
- x99 Asus Sabertooth
- Radeon Vega 56

I did used the patch.
I did sign in and out of iCloud on both accounts and plugged my iPad using usb cable to my hackintosh.

It is NOT working.

Any advice?

Have you tried to reset your network interface? optionclick je WiFi Icon and try playing with the settings and network interface. I tried and it started working after a while.

I tried it but not working for me.

Sidecar is not working. I get the message "The device timed out"

My SMBIOS is Macpro 6.1
- i7 5960x
- x99 Asus Sabertooth
- Radeon Vega 56

I did used the patch.
I did sign in and out of iCloud on both accounts and plugged my iPad using usb cable to my hackintosh.

It is NOT working.

Any advice?
You need HEVC decode, it is available since Skylake 6th generation and your processor is 5th generation....

You need HEVC decode, it is available since Skylake 6th generation and your processor is 5th generation....

Nope, you don’t “need” the newer processor, you just need to have the right SMBIOS and processor/graphics card. iMacPro SMBIOS with Vega 56/64 supports Sidecar without having HEVC encode/decode supported in the processor package (Intel W does not include a graphics chip)

You can also check the HEVC format management features with the VideoProc program (free trial version) in Setting / Hardware accellerate engine / Options

Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 3.54.39 PM.png

This is what I am seeing. Does this mean I can't use Sidecar?

Again my specs are

i7-5960x
x99 Asus Sabertooth
Radeon Vega 56

Nope, you don’t “need” the newer processor, you just need to have the right SMBIOS and processor/graphics card. iMacPro SMBIOS with Vega 56/64 supports Sidecar without having HEVC encode/decode supported in the processor package (Intel W does not include a graphics chip)

I have the SMBIOS iMacPro 1.1 with the Vega 56. I have H264 and h265 through the graphics, but when I turn on the sidecar the screen on the ipad is all black !? Solutions?

Regards

This is what I am seeing. Does this mean I can't use Sidecar?

Again my specs are

i7-5960x
x99 Asus Sabertooth
Radeon Vega 56

You should do a search to find out if with a Vega 56 there is a way to enable those two entries, in your configuration and it could also be useful for much more apart from Sidecar.
I don't know anything about it, but it seems as if the hardware support that could come from that GPU is not exploited and I don't know if it's a question of how your computer is configured in drivers, bios etc ...

I have the SMBIOS iMacPro 1.1 with the Vega 56. I have H264 and h265 through the graphics, but when I turn on the sidecar the screen on the ipad is all black !? Solutions?

Regards

I'm in the same situation, I've read that's because T2 chip...

I think we cannot reach a good streaming quality at this moment with our build :(

i managed to make sidecar working.

x299 mb without IGPU

switch smbios to iMac19,1 and bootargs set to shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94 shikigva=40

both h264 & hevc are activated.

sidecar is working.
I am building a new machine with the same motherboard as you. Can you share your EFI? plz

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back