Contribute
Register

Sidecar

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use that:

That is the more stable situation that I found...

My tests:

iMac Pro1,1 do not work (black screen due T2).
iMac 17.X and upper... Work with IGPU enabled, but I cannot use Netflix or Prime video.
Mac Pro 6,1 work with patch without IGPU.

So I changed my configuration to Mac Pro. The only thing is the bad quality streaming "compression" :(

No WhateverGreen (I will try with it).

i try to set my smbios to macpro6,1 and patch sidecar.

yes, i can click sidecar to connect my ipad mini 5 but it warning : The device timed out.

so i opened VideoProc to check. H264 hardware decoder ok, HEVC unavailable.

any solution for that issue? thanks.

What do you use instead of whatevergreen?

Nothing in Clover, but I see Whatevergreen in my /Library/Extensions folder...

Actually I've updated Whatevergreen in Clover and /L/E

Hello,
That's the same for me: iMac Pro only shows a black screen, even the pencil is correctly reconized.
The patch works with MacPro 6,1
And I have an old configuration: CPU 4820K (Ivy Bridge) and X79 mobo. Graphic card more recent: RX 570
I think this is the reason why the (relatively) bad streaming connection, the Ivy Bridge CPU cannot decode HEVC properly.

Cannot encode*

I don't know if our dGPU (Vega 56 in my computer) can encode HEVC and we can force to use dGPU... Or if we can change the streaming preset (like OBS or something like that)...

i try to set my smbios to macpro6,1 and patch sidecar.

yes, i can click sidecar to connect my ipad mini 5 but it warning : The device timed out.

so i opened VideoProc to check. H264 hardware decoder ok, HEVC unavailable.

any solution for that issue? thanks.

HEVC unavailable in my case too.

I don't know about The device timed out, sorry :(

i managed to make sidecar working.

x299 mb without IGPU

switch smbios to iMac19,1 and bootargs set to shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94 shikigva=40

both h264 & hevc are activated.

sidecar is working.

x299 mb without IGPU

switch smbios to iMac19,1 and bootargs set to shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94 shikigva=40

sidecar is working.

Just tried this and it does work except the quality isn't the best. Think there has to be a way we can spoof Sidecar into thinking we're using iMac19,1 instead of iMacPro1,1. Think I'll stick to duet for now :lol:

Last edited:

x299 mb without IGPU

sidecar is working.

What about Sidecar stream quality? I will try the shikigva=40

I have to make a sad update to my previous post ...
When I tested the sites with DRM (Prime video etc ...) in the SMBIOS 19.1 configuration I used a series instead of a film (it's a period that I only follow series and I didn't really think about movies), it happened to me to try a movie and unfortunately I had to see that nothing has changed: only low quality.
I'm sorry I gave the wrong news, but I just didn't think there was a distinction between series and films (I don't watch a lot of movies and series, anyway).
I hope that sooner or later a valid solution will come out ...

Greetings to all

You can use that:

That is the more stable situation that I found...

My tests:

iMac Pro1,1 do not work (black screen due T2).
iMac 17.X and upper... Work with IGPU enabled, but I cannot use Netflix or Prime video.
Mac Pro 6,1 work with patch without IGPU.

So I changed my configuration to Mac Pro. The only thing is the bad quality streaming "compression" :(

No WhateverGreen (I will try with it).
Will i be able to use this feature on my “real” trash can mac pro?

Will i be able to use this feature on my “real” trash can mac pro?
I think so

Now we need to reach maximum quality x)

Edit: More tests...

The only way to enable HEVC in Vega 56 is using iMac Pro SMBIOS... so we get a black screen in Sidecar (I've read that due T2 Chip...)

Last edited:
I cant get Sidecar to work.
I use SMBIOS iMac 18.1 and UHD630 graphics.

I use the same apple ID on both my computer and my iPad pro. Both devices are updated to the latest os.

I see Sidecar in the meny, but I can not activate it....

Edit 1: My computer is connected directly to the router (no wifi), the iPad uses wifi.
I have even tried connecting the iPad through cable (USB), but nothing works.

Do I need to do something else?

Edit 2: It works now. I had to sign out from both my iPad and computer, then sign in again :)

Last edited:
Sidecar is not working. I get the message "The device timed out"

My SMBIOS is Macpro 6.1
- i7 5960x
- x99 Asus Sabertooth
- Radeon Vega 56

I did used the patch.
I did sign in and out of iCloud on both accounts and plugged my iPad using usb cable to my hackintosh.

It is NOT working.

Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back