Contribute
Register

Sidecar

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems to be issue. But when i enable Multi-monitor option, then it stops booting with error "Couldn't allocate runtime area"
I haven't read everything, but you can try to see if there is something that can be useful to you here:

Catalina sees your iPad in the Finder when the USB cable is not connected, but is it only under the same Wi-Fi?

I did not check if the iPad is present in the Finder when connected through the cable, but when I connect it with a cable, the Sidecar option enables me to connect to the ipad and everything works. As soon as I disconnect the iPad, I loose the ability to connect the iPad through Sidecar (no option for selecting the ipad is present in the settings panel).

Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 13.26.56.png

I did not check if the iPad is present in the Finder when connected through the cable, but when I connect it with a cable, the Sidecar option enables me to connect to the ipad and everything works. As soon as I disconnect the iPad, I loose the ability to connect the iPad through Sidecar (no option for selecting the ipad is present in the settings panel).
It was clear and surely your iPad will have been present in the Finder when it was connected via USB cable (in fact I didn't ask you), but to me in some beta it happened that I didn't see it in the Finder when it was only via Wi-Fi .
If you see it, try syncing with Wi-Fi too.

It was clear and surely your iPad will have been present in the Finder when it was connected via USB cable (in fact I didn't ask you), but to me in some beta it happened that I didn't see it in the Finder when it was only via Wi-Fi .
If you see it, try syncing with Wi-Fi too.

Yes, the iPad shows up in Finder when I connected it through a cable, I enabled sync over wifi and now, the iPad shows up in Finder even when not connected through the cable. The iPad is on the same Wifi and on the same iCloud.

Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 13.42.11.png

One thing to note. Handoff/Continuity works only from the Mac to other devices, not the other way around. AirDrop works, but watch unlock does not work. I don't know what changed, but I had it working some time back.

Ok, final UPDATE. Managed to get watch and Sidecar working wirelessly.

I followed the post here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cm94360cd-asrock-fatal1ty-z97x-killer.239277/ using the instructions from the Apple Helpline, resetting my Bluetooth controller, Caches, signing out of Keychain, resetting the fefault keychain file and just trying to turn off and on the wifi on the Mac. It just started working. Only thing not working is Handoff/Continuity from other devices to the Mac, but that is for another thread.

Ok, final UPDATE. Managed to get watch and Sidecar working wirelessly.

I followed the post here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cm94360cd-asrock-fatal1ty-z97x-killer.239277/ using the instructions from the Apple Helpline, resetting my Bluetooth controller, Caches, signing out of Keychain, resetting the fefault keychain file and just trying to turn off and on the wifi on the Mac. It just started working. Only thing not working is Handoff/Continuity from other devices to the Mac, but that is for another thread.
I was tempted to tell you to try restarting both the PC and the iOS devices, but it seemed like an almost useless solution .... in fact you did a refresh of the specific function, which I don't know if it would have done the same restarting.

Hello, my Hackintosh don't show my iPad Pro 10.5 - I updated it and updated the Mac. My iGPU is enabled and the Intel QuickSync is working. I can't even make it work with cable... Bluetooth and Wifi are working.. Handoff Continuity and Airdrop works...
Captura de pantalla 2019-10-09 a las 23.48.49.png

EDIT: Sidecar working perfectly, with cable and without it :)

Last edited:
This is the only thing thats not working for me. I do have an iPad Pro 10.5 and RX580 but probably lack a modern CPU. I have iGPU disabled though. Maybe they are already working on a clover patch or something to fix this.

This is the only thing thats not working for me. I do have an iPad Pro 10.5 and RX580 but probably lack a modern CPU. I have iGPU disabled though. Maybe they are already working on a clover patch or something to fix this.
You must have the iGPU working, that's why Apple only support Skylake++, if the CPU is that i7-4790K you will not be able to use Sidecar

You must have the iGPU working, that's why Apple only support Skylake++, if the CPU is that i7-4790K you will not be able to use Sidecar

Indeed, thanks for the heads-up mate ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back