Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Who tried and managed to make Sidecar work on iPad and hackintosh?
What version of beta?
Which iPad model?
What wi-fi connection speed is required?
Does it also work with the USB connection?

With the upgrade to beta 5 (19A526h), my iPad Pro is no longer found, so it doesn't even try to make the connection, as was the case with beta 4.

Is there anyone with the beta 5 who can see their iPad or is it a problem common to all those who have updated?

Thanks for the indication, I found, looking around, the command to unlock all compatible Mac versions, but I hadn't used it.
I managed to re-enable the sidecar function but only when I connect it via usb, but it doesn't work. It connects, enables, showing the lateral service icons on the iPad, but the central screen remains black and after a few seconds it writes an error message on the iPad window and on the Mac.
I tried to insert the commands in the terminal, but no effect has changed, neither on the enabling via Wi-Fi, nor on the functioning.
But am I the only one to have these problems or nobody is trying to use Sidecar with any version of Catalina? It would be comforting for me to know that there are common problems and that therefore we have to wait for new Beta or that someone will discover some cause and solution.
Thanks and greetings to all.

Try this :-

sudo defaults write com.apple.sidecar.display allowAllDevices -bool YES
sudo defaults write com.apple.sidecar.display hasShownPref -bool YES

I wish I knew how to undo those commands after I did them I started having trouble with youtube, netflix and hulu locking up system (only mouse cursor moves) and cant do anything but force a power cycle (case does not have reset button)

I wish I knew how to undo those commands after I did them I started having trouble with youtube, netflix and hulu locking up system (only mouse cursor moves) and cant do anything but force a power cycle (case does not have reset button)

The same problems that you indicated after entering the commands, were already present for me before entering them, but only with Safari and not with Crome and anyway no problem with Youtube ever.
If you wait long enough (a few minutes), the mouse also stops moving and after a while the system restarts by itself, showing the text and the symbol that the system restarted due to a problem.
But as I said, at least in my case, it doesn't depend on those commands, because for me there was already before.
What SMBIOS configuration do you use?

I have recently gone from 18.3 to 1.1 after doing it also on Mojave. With the 18.3 Safari it didn't allow me to open the sites with the DRM (Netflix, Amazon etc ...), while with the 1.1 at least on Mojave, it works well.
The same thing he did on Catalina so I tried to make the same change from 18.3 to 1.1 and the effect was what I described in the previous post, so I think that the problem on Catalina is related to the configuration that is adopted. I hope that in the final version, even on Catalina, I can solve the DRM problem with the same Mojave system (but I still have to figure out if it is a problem exclusively related to the Safari version that on Mojave and Catalina is different, at the moment), but it's another story.

For what was said above, I don't even try, but putting NO on the terminal commands related to Sidecar, has the problem been solved?

Last edited:
Sidecar is working well for me. I have the iPad tethered - haven't actually tried it wireless, as it's a test device that is permanently on my desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back