Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I am running the final beta 10.15 (19A487m) which does not give the option for the Catalina supplemental update. Apart from sidecar everything works the way I need it to work, including messaging.
I have the iGPU activated (the Intel and AMD GPUs are both listed in system report), 18,1 system id (wrong?), appropriate kexts (Lilu, Intelfixup) etc installed, followed I believe every suggestion on this site.
I use the same Apple identity on both the desktop and iPad.
My ipad Pro connected via USB is seen in File Manager, Sidecar sees my iPad but Sidecar will not connect ("a miscellaneous error occurred (-402)).
The iPad can connect via Bluetooth.
The desktop does not have wireless, only ethernet--poor wifi signal where the desktop is located.
Does the monitor have to be connected to the iGPU rather than the external GPU for Sidecar to work (a non-starter for me)?
I think there are many like me who have no reason to give up 32 bit apps for Catalina if no Sidecar, like the ancient version of Office I still occasionally use.
Does someone have the definitive guide to getting Sidecar running?

Maybe this thread can help you

Maybe this thread can help you

I still get a connection to the iPad but no useful as it turns black. So no sidecar for my system.

I still get a connection to the iPad but no useful as it turns black. So no sidecar for my system.
Is your iGPU enabled? I was unable to get mine to work unless I enabled it. I had poor performance unless I changed the RAM allocation to 512mb. I'm using a 9900k with Radeon VII and SMBIOS 19,1. Still getting full acceleration as far as I can tell with my benchmarks. Have you tried connecting via USB?

Last edited:
Is your iGPU enabled? I was unable to get mine to work unless I enabled it. I had poor performance unless I changed the RAM allocation to 512mb. I'm using a 9900k with Radeon VII and SMBIOS 19,1. Still getting full acceleration as far as I can tell with my benchmarks. Have you tried connecting via USB?

Good point, no iGPU is not enabled, bet that would help for sure. Thanks

I read through the thread noted above and have already tried everything mentioned but Sidecar still will not work with my iPad pro. I may have to try a fresh install when the initial supplementary updates dust settles because, as noted, without Sidecar Catalina offers zilch except loss of 32 bit apps and iTunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back