Nvidia GTX960
Hi,

I have a little barebone from Shuttle:
  • H81 chipset
  • i3-4160 CPU
  • 8GB Ram (two 4GB memory modules)
  • OSX 10.12.4
  • Clover r4049

The machine works like a charm in both UEFI and legacy modes: video, sound, sleep / wake are all ok. Unfortunately I cannot get hibernation wake to work properly. I try to keep my test setup as plain as possible and thus only minimal kexts are loaded:
  • FakeSMC 1737
  • RealtekRTL8111

Symptoms
/var/vm/sleepimage wrong file size
When I drop / override Cpu0lst table with either SSDT.aml (generated using ssdtPRGen.sh v15.8) or clover's Generate CStates, then the size of sleepimage is always 2gb. I believe this is wrong because judging from my macbook pro it should be 1/2 of memory size (4gb in my case). Waking up from 2gb sleepimage produces either black screen freeze (UEFI Mode) or instant reboot (Legacy mode).

Hibernation wakeup failure
When waking up from 4gb sleepimage, I see grey hibernation resume screen with shaded out image of desktop and progress bar at the bottom, progress bar fills up and then machine either freezes (UEFI Mode) or reboots (Legacy mode).

In both cases nothing is written into OSX system.log, it seems as if kernel crashes / panics in background but I cannot see anything (despite verbose boot flag being set in clover).

What could be the reason for those problems?

Thanks!

P.s I attach my clover plist and two debug logs, one waking up with strict hibernation mode and one without. End result is same in both cases (freeze). Both wakeup attempts are in UEFI mode.

Attachments

• shuttle_xh81.zip
    14.5 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
hello Don,
I came across your post not knowing if it's already a closed post or not.
I prachesed recently a Shuttle PC with H81 chipset, and I am willing to install macOS Mojave on it .
do you have any Tips and Tricks to make the Installation? and how did you managed to install your mackintosh ?

thanks in advance an best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back