Motherboard
HUANANZHI X99 TF-GAMING
CPU
E5-2696 v3
Graphics
RX 580
Hi , i need some help .

I have my asus k53sj with high sierra installation,
i´ve applied acpi,battery and all fix patch , and seems to be ok.

But I have some issue with battery ,with less 80% of battery , the laptop shutdown after log . if i put AC adapter i have no problem , but only with battery need to be charged over 80% to run with normaly. later i can use the laptop till the battery end.

some idea ??? when i boot in secure mode , there is no problem.

attached report files.

Attachments

• debug_21512.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Hi , i need some help .

I have my asus k53sj with high sierra installation,
i´ve applied acpi,battery and all fix patch , and seems to be ok.

But I have some issue with battery ,with less 80% of battery , the laptop shutdown after log . if i put AC adapter i have no problem , but only with battery need to be charged over 80% to run with normaly. later i can use the laptop till the battery end.

some idea ??? when i boot in secure mode , there is no problem.

attached report files.

Your ACPI/patched is out of sync with ACPI/origin.
Note different SystemMemory addresses:
Code:
<         Name (RAMB, 0xAAF89018)
>         Name (RAMB, 0xAAF8A018)

RAMB is used in a SystemMemory OperationRegion definition...

As per ACPI patching guide, any change in BIOS, BIOS upgrade, or hardware change requires re-extract/re-patch ACPI.

thanks for your reply rehabman.

re-extracted and repatched . but this time , i don´t applied the patch for fan control(when disable discrete graphics the fan comes to 100% power)
Code:
into method label _INI parent_label _SB.PCI0.PEGR.GFX0 insert
begin
_OFF ()\n
^^^LPCB.EC0.TSDS ()\n
end;

into method label _REG parent_hid PNP0C09 insert
begin
If (LAnd(LEqual(Arg0,3),LEqual(Arg1,1)))\n
{\n
    ^^^PEGR.GFX0._INI ()\n
}\n
end;

and don´t know why , it works like a charm.

I have made a EC reset to test . and work..
:think::think::think::think: don´t know why this time has not problem

EDIT: restarted 5 times ok but...now have the same issue of the first post...

Attachments

• debug_1469.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
thanks for your reply rehabman.

re-extracted and repatched . but this time , i don´t applied the patch for fan control(when disable discrete graphics the fan comes to 100% power)
Code:
into method label _INI parent_label _SB.PCI0.PEGR.GFX0 insert
begin
_OFF ()\n
^^^LPCB.EC0.TSDS ()\n
end;

into method label _REG parent_hid PNP0C09 insert
begin
If (LAnd(LEqual(Arg0,3),LEqual(Arg1,1)))\n
{\n
    ^^^PEGR.GFX0._INI ()\n
}\n
end;

and don´t know why , it works like a charm.

I have made a EC reset to test . and work..
:think::think::think::think: don´t know why this time has not problem

EDIT: restarted 5 times ok but...now have the same issue of the first post...

Mistakes:
- config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixRegions should not be used (it is very buggy, cannot be relied upon).
- also remove (or set false) FixACST, DeleteUnused, FixS3D
- remove or set false all options under config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate (your settings are completely wrong for the hardware in your profile)
- see guide for correct plists/details regarding DropTables and Generate options:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Why do you have SSDT-2-SataTabl in ACPI/patched? In ACPI/origin it is SSDT-3-SataTabl.aml. Must use the same names in ACPI/patched as came from ACPI/origin.

As a result of the naming mismatch and other issues already identified, I didn't continue investigations...

Mistakes:
- config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixRegions should not be used (it is very buggy, cannot be relied upon).
- also remove (or set false) FixACST, DeleteUnused, FixS3D
- remove or set false all options under config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate (your settings are completely wrong for the hardware in your profile)
- see guide for correct plists/details regarding DropTables and Generate options:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Why do you have SSDT-2-SataTabl in ACPI/patched? In ACPI/origin it is SSDT-3-SataTabl.aml. Must use the same names in ACPI/patched as came from ACPI/origin.

As a result of the naming mismatch and other issues already identified, I didn't continue investigations...
Thanks for your time rehabman, cleaned errors in config , rebuild ssdt tables ,and changed drop and generate options.

Attachments

• debug_29156.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 68
Thanks for your time rehabman, cleaned errors in config , rebuild ssdt tables ,and changed drop and generate options.

ACPI/origin files seem incomplete (or ACPI/patched is messed up). There is no file in ACPI/origin that corresponds to SSDT-3-SataTabl.aml as seen in your ACPI/patched.

sorry I move the file , rebuild ssdt/dsdt tables.

Attachments

• debug_31752.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 82
ups ,sorry.

rebuilded in . clover.

Attachments

• debug_10340.zip
    4 MB · Views: 56
ups ,sorry.

rebuilded in . clover.

No need for SSDT-3-SataTabl.aml in ACPI/patched (it has no patches). Remove.
Kexts not installed correctly. As per FAQ, kexts are installed to /L/E (not /S/L/E) on 10.11 and later.

But what is the issue here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back