Contribute
Register

Shutdown/Restart Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Pavilion Touch Smart 14 n033tx (Clover)
CPU
Intel Haswell ULT Core i5 4200U / H8x/P8x
Graphics
Intel HD 4400 , Nvidia GeForce 7200n , 1366x786
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi
I have installed OS X El Capitan successfully on my Haswell Laptop which has problem on Shutdown/Restart. Not everytime but sometimes on Shutdown it hangs so I have to force shutdown it and on Restart sometimes it either hangs or totally shuts down the laptop and then turns on back. I used without/with shutdown patch and also Halt Enabler but same.
Clover Folder=View attachment 183410
IOReg=View attachment 183411

Can anyone help me regarding restart/shutdown problem please?

Hi
I have installed OS X El Capitan successfully on my Haswell Laptop which has problem on Shutdown/Restart. Not everytime but sometimes on Shutdown it hangs so I have to force shutdown it and on Restart sometimes it either hangs or totally shuts down the laptop and then turns on back. I used without/with shutdown patch and also Halt Enabler but same.

Remove unnecessary software (such as LittleSnitch).

Keep in mind that shutdown can take a while sometimes, especially if you have network connections (eg. connections to servers on your lan or external devices plugged in).

If you boot verbose, you'll also get verbose shutdown.

Remove SlpSmiAtWake.

Note that config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust should be true (you have it set false).

Also when it hangs on shutdown/restart the laptops fan speed gets high and laptop becomes too hot in just 1 minute until i dont force shutdown it.

Also when it hangs on shutdown/restart the laptops fan speed gets high and laptop becomes too hot in just 1 minute until i dont force shutdown it.

Sounds like something is hanging on shutdown.

Dear RehabMan;
I think I found the problem that causes shutdown problem but not sure. Actually I have Installed InsomniaX app to disable/enable idle sleep and lid close sleep. So when I don't use it the laptop shutdowns completely but when I use it for some purposes then on shutdown I face problems. So as per your knowledge isn't it caused by this app???

Dear RehabMan;
I think I found the problem that causes shutdown problem but not sure. Actually I have Installed InsomniaX app to disable/enable idle sleep and lid close sleep. So when I don't use it the laptop shutdowns completely but when I use it for some purposes then on shutdown I face problems. So as per your knowledge isn't it caused by this app???

No experience with Insomniax. What do you use it for?

No experience with Insomniax. What do you use it for?
Actually I sometimes download something which is huge in size so that's why I use this app to disable the sleep either on idle or when closing the lid. So that's why when I sometimes use this app to disable these options I face shutdown problem but I am not sure that this app causes.

Hi

Your links are broken. You followed the Envy N series guide, right? If so, read post #1, "Problem Reporting"

Attachments

• Ahmad’s MacBook Pro.zip
    502.5 KB · Views: 177
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 210
  • RehabMan.zip
    47.7 KB · Views: 196
  • Terminal Saved Output.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 181
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back