GeForce GT 220M 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi evebody..

I'm running a mountain lion in asus X66IC and I have a CPU shutdown problem. I can reboot and shutdown perfectly The OS. but the fan and the lights of the laptop stays on, so I have to push the power botton for 5sec to turn it off. I had the seem problem with lion. I have the Evoreboot.kext and I used dsdt auto patcher to patch my DSDT from olarila.com. :rolleyes: maybe I have to add some lines to my DSDT?
I will really appreciate it if there is any way to fix this problem?

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    25.6 KB · Views: 143
hi,

its Asus X66IC notebook
Motherbeard asus K61IC
2,2 GHz Intel core 2 Duo
4 GB 2048 MHz SDRAM
GeForce GT 220M 1gb
Wlan Atheros AR9285
Sound Realtek ALC662
Ethernet: Realtek RTL8168B/8111B

would it help if I send you my DSDT original?

hi,
I acualy have no idea about fixing the DSDT I was just googling and I found some guides but I´m not sure if I did it the right way.
here I send you my original dsdt, (I extracted it using ubuntu), and the IORegistry.
thank you for your help.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    25.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Asus X66ic IOReg.zip
    308.4 KB · Views: 104
hi again.
I tried it but I still have the same shutdown problem. the system and the hard disc shut down perfect and even faster than before, but the light power and the fan keep on.
I tried this dsdt from somebody who has asus K61IC wish is almost similar to mine and everything works fine except wake and FN keys. it even recognize my exact nvidia GT 220M, network, and the shutdown works fine. I dont know if there is anyway to extract the patches he used in it, because Im sure they will work fine for me. I tried to contact him but he only speaks russian :) . you think that i can have problems if I use this DSDT? have a look at it please and give me an advice.
(sorry for my english)

Attachments

• K61ic.aml.zip
    16.8 KB · Views: 138
yes I did, and im trying to have a minimum kext until I get the shutdown. right now in S/L/E I have:
AppleACPIPlatform.kext and VoodooBattery.kext (battery)
ApplePS2Controller.kext (trackpad and keybeard works fine)
FakeSMC.kext
do I need nullcpupowermanager? normaly I don't use it with dsdt...

I will try these dsdts and tell u.

I don't have PXHCD.kext

I tried it, still same problem.
what do you think about the dsdt from k61ic? you think it will work for me without problems?
there is another thing... when I look at the system info it says that my GeForce its 9600 GT 1 GB, I have GT 220M 1 GB. it could be that the problem? when I use the k61ic's dsdt its says the one I have. ..

hola amigo,
I just found out that my prossesor is an Intel core 2 duo..but my chipset its not intel at all, its Nvidia MCP79D. may that be my problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back