Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Shutdown & Power Management don't work after Clover 5120+ & OCQuirks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you can try it. The emuvariable is the only difference with my actual EFI. I would suggest you to backup somewhere your actual EFI before trying this!
Yes of course. Thats the only thing wrong now. I hope I can fix it.

Yes, you can try it. The emuvariable is the only difference with my actual EFI. I would suggest you to backup somewhere your actual EFI before trying this!
Ok, I got it fixed by just enabling native NVRAM. Have a look here

Slide=0 is pretty old - as well as using EmuVariableUefi
You can get native NVRAM using this SSDT: https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/AcpiSamples/SSDT-PMC.dsl. This is from the OC repo, but should work with Clover still. This gets rid of the need for EmuVariableUefi and logout hooks.
For Slide=0, it's probably better to use OpenRuntime's ProvideCustomSlide+SafeModeSlide quirks as that will calculate the proper slide value at boot time in order to fit as memory maps can change between boots.

Edit: This also allows some of the security of slide being randomized to be kept as well, though not as good as all slide values being good and boot.efi calculating a random one. Credit goes to 1Revenger1

This is the aml I used, didn't even need to compile it. Made for Z390 chipset.

PS. one question, why do you use the 5700XT aml in ACPI? does that give you sensor reading?

Attachments

• SSDT-PMC.aml
    143 bytes · Views: 77
Ok, I got it fixed by just enabling native NVRAM. Have a look here

This is the aml I used, didn't even need to compile it. Made for Z390 chipset.

PS. one question, why do you use the 5700XT aml in ACPI? does that give you sensor reading?
Glad you fixed it too finally!
Sorry for replying so late, I didn't get the usual reply email from the forum.
About the 5700XT aml, I added it after reading this:

Slide=0 is pretty old - as well as using EmuVariableUefi
You can get native NVRAM using this SSDT: https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/AcpiSamples/SSDT-PMC.dsl. This is from the OC repo, but should work with Clover still. This gets rid of the need for EmuVariableUefi and logout hooks.
For Slide=0, it's probably better to use OpenRuntime's ProvideCustomSlide+SafeModeSlide quirks as that will calculate the proper slide value at boot time in order to fit as memory maps can change between boots.

Edit: This also allows some of the security of slide being randomized to be kept as well, though not as good as all slide values being good and boot.efi calculating a random one. Credit goes to 1Revenger1

I have also followed 1Revenger1 "guide", removing slide=0 (the slide quirks were already enabled) and adding the SSDT-PCM.aml you've posted, then updated to Clover 5126.
Everything seem to work nicely, NVRAM working, shutdown and reboots too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back