Contribute
Register

Shutdown fix not working for Lenovo T430 DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,

Anybody installed Sierra on a Lenovo T430 and having problems with shutdown? Mine resembles a reboot when I try shutting down.

I tried applying "Fix Shutdown" and "Halt Enabler" in Clover, but that didn't help. Then I tried to patch DSDT with RehabMan's fix (from here), but seems the fix doesn't find any match.

I'm attaching the _PTS part of DSDT where the patch should have worked. I don't understand much about these patches, so if someone can "patch the patch" so it works that'll be great :)

Thanks folks!

Attachments

• PTS.txt
    2 KB · Views: 512
Hi all,

Anybody installed Sierra on a Lenovo T430 and having problems with shutdown? Mine resembles a reboot when I try shutting down.

I tried applying "Fix Shutdown" and "Halt Enabler" in Clover, but that didn't help. Then I tried to patch DSDT with RehabMan's fix (from here), but seems the fix doesn't find any match.

I'm attaching the _PTS part of DSDT where the patch should have worked. I don't understand much about these patches, so if someone can "patch the patch" so it works that'll be great :)

Thanks folks!

Not a desktop, moved to laptop support.

You probably have "auto restart after shutdown".
If so, it can be fixed by setting XHC.PMEE=0 in _PTS (when Arg0==5).
You can see an example of this code in SSDT-PTSWAK.dsl in my ACPI hotpatch files.

Not a desktop, moved to laptop support.

You probably have "auto restart after shutdown".
If so, it can be fixed by setting XHC.PMEE=0 in _PTS (when Arg0==5).
You can see an example of this code in SSDT-PTSWAK.dsl in my ACPI hotpatch files.

I don't know what you mean by "auto restart after shutdown", but I went into the BIOS and disabled any setting that resembles such a thing, for example: WoL, Wake on USB, etc.

I'm re-patching DSDT and checking again.

About the code you posted: Not sure where I should plug it in. Top of the code, middle or last?

I don't know what you mean by "auto restart after shutdown", but I went into the BIOS and disabled any setting that resembles such a thing, for example: WoL, Wake on USB, etc.

I'm re-patching DSDT and checking again.

About the code you posted: Not sure where I should plug it in. Top of the code, middle or last?

Auto restart on after shutdown is where Apple->Shutdown causes successful shutdown, but then the laptop turns on automatically, usually when a USB device is left plugged in.

Auto restart on after shutdown is where Apple->Shutdown causes successful shutdown, but then the laptop turns on automatically, usually when a USB device is left plugged in.

Yeah. It could be unrelated to macOS (probably is) and it's not a problem per-se of the installation.

Anyway, I've made few changes in the BIOS yesterday and today I'm ready to test them out. I'll be writing the guide as well on a different thread.

Yeah. It could be unrelated to macOS (probably is) and it's not a problem per-se of the installation.

The "auto restart after shutdown" is macOS/OS X specific (with certain hardware), and can usually be solved by setting XHC.PMEE=0 in _PTS.

can usually be solved by setting XHC.PMEE=0 in _PTS

If it's not much of a trouble, can you take a look at the code I sent alongside my first post and check where this snippet should go? Early, middle, last, with/without IF statements?

Thanks for your continued and valued help :)

sorry, i am not yet at a level to understand this in depth...did anyone manage do fix this?

i am not sure if i just need to add this
Code:
  // call into original _PTS method
        ZPTS(Arg0)

If (5 == Arg0)
        {
            // XHC.PMEE fix, if enabled
            External(\_SB.PCI0.XHC.PMEE, FieldUnitObj)
            If (CondRefOf(\RMCF.XPEE)) { If (\RMCF.XPEE && CondRefOf(\_SB.PCI0.XHC.PMEE)) { \_SB.PCI0.XHC.PMEE = 0 } }
}

or if something else is needed...

sorry, i am not yet at a level to understand this in depth...did anyone manage do fix this?

i am not sure if i just need to add this
Code:
  // call into original _PTS method
        ZPTS(Arg0)

If (5 == Arg0)
        {
            // XHC.PMEE fix, if enabled
            External(\_SB.PCI0.XHC.PMEE, FieldUnitObj)
            If (CondRefOf(\RMCF.XPEE)) { If (\RMCF.XPEE && CondRefOf(\_SB.PCI0.XHC.PMEE)) { \_SB.PCI0.XHC.PMEE = 0 } }
}

or if something else is needed...

In your own _PTS method, add code that sets \_SB.PCI0.XHC.PMEE=0 when Arg0 == 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back