Contribute
Register

Show us your system

Status
Not open for further replies.
tinkerC said:
rabbit74 said:
I hear that. I don't understand the default for most cases having 4, 5, or 6 5.25 inch bays.

Who uses that many DVD drives?

More Hard Drive bays just makes more sense.

My Lian Li case has 7 3.5 inch slots which is nice but it still has 5 x 5.25 inch bays so the damn case is a full 2 feet high.

What are they thinking?

r.

They were thinking about all of the people who use many CDs at once, or use 5.25 inch Hot swappable bays.

Tom

I hear that too. My thinking is that they should all be hot swaps.

PC boards for hot swaps are cheap to make. I think it should be standard. Hard drives, CDs, DVD... they all die. Even if you don't want to hot swap, they should be front mounted so you can replace them easily. And while I'm at it, (if any case makers are watching), FILTERS! All fan ports and air inlets should be filtered.

Maybe it's just me...

r.

rabbit74 said:
tinkerC said:
rabbit74 said:
I hear that. I don't understand the default for most cases having 4, 5, or 6 5.25 inch bays.

Who uses that many DVD drives?

More Hard Drive bays just makes more sense.

My Lian Li case has 7 3.5 inch slots which is nice but it still has 5 x 5.25 inch bays so the damn case is a full 2 feet high.

What are they thinking?

r.

They were thinking about all of the people who use many CDs at once, or use 5.25 inch Hot swappable bays.

Tom

I hear that too. My thinking is that they should all be hot swaps.

PC boards for hot swaps are cheap to make. I think it should be standard. Hard drives, CDs, DVD... they all die. Even if you don't want to hot swap, they should be front mounted so you can replace them easily. And while I'm at it, (if any case makers are watching), FILTERS! All fan ports and air inlets should be filtered.

Maybe it's just me...

r.

Not just you. If you look at the case in my signature, (almost) every hole in the case comes with a filter.

Tom

Okey, I will show my setup here.

file.php

I have modded some parts like the hard drive bay, added the hole on the back, noise reduction and more.

There are a lot more images and comments regarding my system here:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=13058

Add a comment what you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
carbine said:
I had the Logitech DiNovo for a couple of years and loved it. It is a beautiful keyboard. It wore out though. Space bar got intermittent and the letter S rubbed off the S key o_O

How long did u have the keyboard for when it started showing excess usage?

My setup. Pretty basic, although, not quite your typical setup.

This is the environment where "Project iDell" was born and raised. :)
Overview of my Desk. Acer 20" on the right, AOC 18.5" on the left.

IMG_0004.JPG

With Lion, i had to change out my stock 430w PSU from Dell with a Corsair 600w, to feed my dual hard drives, and nVidia GTX 550Ti. Decided to add the badge on the front bezel along side the Intel one, goes nicely ;)

IMG_0006.JPG

~~Grave

Attachments

• IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 172
I've got a bunch but I thought people might want to see what started my career in Hackintoshes........
The Psystar!!!!!!
We (my company) bought one on a lark, I had no confidence in it what so ever! But it ran fine for 3 months so I was asked to reverse engineer it and build our own...
Since then I've built around 70 of them.
From $500 to $4000. Thats what I like, I can build them for any scenario.

Attachments

• IMG_1448.jpg
    IMG_1448.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 134
Here is a Core 2 Quad System in boxes,

Attachments

• IMG_0118.JPG
    IMG_0118.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 187
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back