Contribute
Register

Show off your cases!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
evegamer said:
Hi guys,

I think its about time I showed you what I was working on over the long weekend.
Inspired by what you guys here have done, I attempted to do my own Mac Pro case mod.It would not have been possible for me to do if it were not for the work already done here by so many.

System is based on the following:
Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z/GEN3
Intel i7 2600K / 16GB RAM
Sapphire Radeon HD 6870

Mac Pro sata cables cut, removing the SFF8087 connector, 2 SATA leads cut, and soldered to the mac lead. Power is supplied by molex connector. Rear IO is just extended USB, LAN and Audio out to the mac ports. Front USB, Audio, Power LED and switch work fine. A JB welded mATX tray was used to mount the motherboard and aligned with existing IO slots. The rest is just 3M dinoc film covered plastic to finish off the big gaps. Cannot find a good price for the CPU/RAM cage, so I will have to keep it as shown.
It looks neat and tidy :clap: Nice build :clap:

o_O

Attachments

• SL272155.JPG
    SL272155.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 513
My see-through case :p

I haven't started modding the G5 Case yet, waiting for the dremel and some helps with questions about mounting mobo tray into the case.

I just received my gear few day ago.

7077446473_fc77809be4_b.jpg

7077446743_0663989c65_c.jpg

Anyone see my saucepan?? :))

7077446977_046db525bc_c.jpg

I decided to use this weld to stick the mobo tray with the case but i have no idea what to do ? use the logicboard stand-off :( ? I really need a clear guide :(

Here is my box, pending the cable management and the hdd rack.
Thank you to all the people in this amazing forum especially to:
Tonymacx86, eelhead, Minihack, o_mega05, i copied a lot of their concept in my box.

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 378
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back