Contribute
Register

Show off working graphics card with OS X Mountain Lion 10.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you explain the steps(if any) to get the hd3000 working ?
Im stuck at 1024x768 with no acceleration

So 1. What hardware do you have 2. What OS are you running and 3. What have you installed in terms of boot loaders, drivers, etc.

Once you've cleared that up, I might be able to help.

Sorry,was meant to quote a previous post...damn iPad !!

Any chance you could describe the steps to get hd3000 working?
I'm stuck at 1024x768 with no acceleration

Asus p8z68m-pro
i5 2500k
8gb corsair ram 1600mhz
Mountain lion 10.8
Only kexts I've installed are multibeast fix for audio and Ethernet.
Bootloader chimera 1.11.0

Last edited by a moderator:
GTX560, (non TI),
I had to add the pci id 120110de of the card in the NVDA... kext in the unibeast USB key, I used GraphicsEnable=Yes and PCIRootUID=0 (instead of 1 in Lion).
work well, boot directly to 2560x1440 (27" display DVI),
with the Multibeast GTX5xx patch for opencl, I am able to run luxmark on the card (got around 800 something for Sala I think).
Globally ML is stable, more responsive than ML on my I7-920, i like it, no bad experience, no rolling beach ball like in Lion.
I had to disable sleep in PowerManagement as my PC go brain dead in sleep (never able to wake it up) and the GTX550 cards
seems to have trouble with sleep too.
The PC is up evening and night and most of the weekend under ML, the screen go to sleep after 15mn.

I will still try to tweak it a little with MultiBeast 5, perhaps try to enable my in board sound card (I used a usb DAC sound card).
Will look at the updated customac for ML to make my next hackintosh beast, i7-920 seems now a little old !

Anybody with GeForce GT 430 1Gb, working full on Mountain Lion?, dual monitor, native res., ....?

Thanks!!!

By any chance, how did you get Mountain lion installed with geforce 9400gt. I cannot get multi beast to even boot the lion installer with geforce 9400gt installed. I have to remove it. install with intel hd2000 graphics in safe mode. and then restart and have yet to be able to get geforce to even work in lion. Every time I try dsdt edits I get compile errors I do not understand.

Thanks, for your time

Steven

Asus GT520 Silent 1GB no fan. Added HW id line to NV100HALF.kext

Hi , would EVGA GTX 560 work out of the box? Not the GTX 560 Ti version, ?

GeForce GTX 660 Ti - (MSI Power edition)

Working fine for me out the box. GE = No

Since I put a fresh install of 10.8.2 I no longer have to install any of the Nvidia patches in Multibeast to enable openCL, as pointed about by Tonymac recently.

Cuda drivers are working in After Effects too (once I've edited the supported cards text file in AE that is).

Since purchasing the 660 Ti I've reinstalled my system about 3 times* (10.8, 10.8.1 and 10.8.2), in each case I've done the entire install process running from the 660 Ti (connected by DVI) with no issues whatsoever. (Just kept the primary graphics set to the PCI card). I've also disabled all the HD4000 stuff I could find in the Bios.

Only real caveat I have is that I'm currently only running a single display

*note. I chose to re-install, I didn't do anything particularly that meant I had to re-install. Basically there have been quite a few updates recently (OSX updates, F9 bios, hnacks ethernet driver, CUDA etc) so I prefer to play around until I have my setting figured out then do a completely fresh install and apply just the things I need. Since discovering the joys of SSD drives this kind of thing really isn't too much hassle or very time consuming anymore.

i'm running ML 10.8.2
with PCIROOT=1 and GA=Yes
i have this rersolutions..with turn on and turn off monitoring..
my card is hd 6450 ati 1 gb ddr3
can i force my vga resolution to 1366 x 768?
the better rersolution i can get is 1280 x 768...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back